fbpx

Sweet Potato "brownies"

Home Forums Miscellany Food Sweet Potato "brownies"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aphelion
    Participant

Aphelion
      Participant

This is my favorite recipe of all time. Don’t be thrown off by the name! They are AWESOME. I have made them for three holidays so far, and I stopped counting how many times I was asked for the recipe. They’re damn good. ๐Ÿ˜€

1 cup butter
        1 cup white sugar
        1 cup brown sugar (packed)
        4 eggs
        2 teaspoons vanilla extract
        1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
        1 teaspoon baking powder
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        2 cups mashed yams

For glaze:
        1 cup confectioner’s sugar
        2 tablespoons butter
        2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
        In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
        In a separate small bowl, combine the three dry ingredients, then stir them into the mix just until blended. Fold in the mashed sweet potatoes. Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan.

Bake for 30 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and have it come out clean. Mix the glaze ingredients together (it helps to melt the butter) and pour over the top, evenly coating the “brownies” while they are still warm. The glaze will end up looking/tasting like the type of glaze they use for donuts. ๐Ÿ˜€

Some tips: For easy mashing, poke some holes in the potatoes and microwave them for 2 1/2 minutes on each side (you might have to do this a bit longer to make them mashable. I do, for I am weak and mashing is not my forte!) Run them under cold water until you can handle them long enough to peel the skins off. -OR- if you have a food processor, use that! -OR!- if you want the easy way out, just buy a can of Bruce’s yams in syrup and mash those. That works too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Skigod377
        Participant

Ok… I will not be thrown off by the name… much. My bf loves sweet potatoes and I have got to try this! Thank you so much! I will do it this weekend! I even have sweet potatoes.

There is also a sweet potato pie recipe around here that was wonderful!!

Aphelion
          Participant

Sweet! Let me know how they turn out. :3 And you can’t get much better than sweet potato pie…

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

I will have to try this as well….Hmmmmm

Skigod377
              Participant

I made these yesterday and they are pretty good. Alot more moist than I was expecting… just like a brownie. I was expecting cake like for some reason. Justin loves them and me and Paul both think they are good. Not hard at all to make, either. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.