fbpx

sweet gentle mother nature

Home Forums Miscellany Community sweet gentle mother nature

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Duld
    Participant

guess what!!! we had an earthquake today, the US measurements have labeled it a 6.7 richter scale, it yanked me from my work for like 20 secs and my collegue jumped up screaming (she is 61 yrs old) and she was talking to her elderly mother on the phone, but there was only one barn wall that collapsed near the origins of the quake (building regulations are very strict in Iceland), we aquired a new hot-spring and the citicents of two towns have to sleep outside in tents (now that’s new) no serious injuries on people, but my co worker had bits of worries (understandably) because she lives within 10 kilometres from the quake middle

Duld
      Participant

Jasmine
        Participant

I hope there were not casualties… 😯

Duld
          Participant

err.. no

earthquakes in iceland are different from most earthquakes since the “rafts” or “continents” are descending, not colliding so you could say that they are not as violent here as in most other countries, as I said there was a barn wall that collapsed to underline that earthquakes are not that bad (although they are not good at all) here, just to ease the worrying I shall say that if there were casualties, they would be from a heart attack

but there was a near miss though, a book cabinet fell on a pile of toys a child had just been playing with, luckily he had to go to the bathroom, and his little brother was sleeping in his stroller

Starbreeze
            Participant

Earthquakes are scary no matter where you live!!! 😯

Bob

I’m glad eveyone is OK

Skigod377
                Participant

Thats cool. I havent been in an Earthquake in a good long while. It must be nice to not have to worry about them as much.

darjeb
                  Participant

I’m glad to hear nobody got hurt. I have never been near an earthquake but we have hurricanes here that worry everybody.

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

I’m glad everyone is okay and that there is only property damage.

Glad everyone is safe and sound. I bet that bookcase gets anchored to the wall in the near future.

Kyrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7426369.stm

it looks a little more serious in this article

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Whew! Good thing no one got hurt 😯

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Duld
                        Participant

well yeah, no one was seriously hurt, only minor injuries, and alot of houses are seriously f***ed up, some pavements have moved and such strange things, kids were thrown out of a hot tub (thank goodness their bumpers were the only things that were bruised) if you guys want I can send some links and translate, and we even have new (clay)hot springs

New Hot Springs sounds like fun. Like a side effect of quakes I could live with 😆

Less than a day! Splitsplitwhite

earthquakes have got to be the scariest thing ever to happen. I mean think about it…the ground is the one thing that is not supposed to move….but in earthquakes it does. horrifying.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.