fbpx

Summer 2019 PYO Swap Sign Up Thread!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Summer 2019 PYO Swap Sign Up Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

On the heels of our very successful Spring event (Thanks, Phoegonix!) I will be hosting the Summer 2019 PYO Swap. We have a few sign ups already, and I’ll list them below as I see them. The pertinent rules/dates are as follows:

Sign ups are open thru June 15th. On June 16th, I will send out emails with everyone’s swap partners. Your finished PYO Should be shipped The first week of September. Please mail as early as Sept 1st and no later than Sept 7th. I know we all have different days we can ship, so that gives 7 full days to play with and should be doable. This gives everyone approximately 11 weeks to order and complete their piece. (I will send out an email on August 18th to ask if your piece is ready and get an idea if anyone will be delayed.)

Entries need to be emailed to me at summer2019pyoswap@gmail.com and need to include “Summer 2019 PYO Swap” in the subject of the email. No PMs please. I will reply to each email to confirm receipt, as well as updating this thread with our participants Names.

Emails should include:

1.Forum name, Full name, and mailing address. Make sure it’s an address that can accept packages, since this is where your swap partner will be sending your piece!

2. Requests for what you’d like to receive. Part of the fun is getting to paint things you might not paint for yourself, and another part is receiving something painted just for you! Desired color schemes, animal inspiration, and of course, desired sculpts are great information to include. Please take into account that the store is not currently stocked on everything, so please make sure that one or more of your requested sculpts is in stock. No harm in indicating a preference for one that is not – some of us may have some sitting around unpainted, but let’s make sure that every participant will be able to fulfill your request. No muses unless specifically asked for, and if you choose to paint foo pups, please paint two (to make it more even value-wise with the rest of the sculpts).

3. Whether you will be willing to ship outside the country. This would also be the place to list if you have anything you just absolutely hate to paint – we want everyone to have a good time with the swap after all. All partners will be determined by random drawing – Melody’s recipient will be drawn first so that everyone has an equal chance. After that I will make adjustments as needed to accommodate requests as best I can, but the primary method of selection will be random. I will not be in the drawing for Melody’s recipient.

Things to remember:

*You are responsible for buying a blank PYO, painting it, and mailing it by the ship date. In return, you will receive a painted piece.

*You are probably not painting for the person who is painting for you. This is more of a “secret santa” type exchange.

*If you do end up shipping out of country, please declare the value of the piece as $10. This will avoid most customs charges.

*If you’ve never shipped Windstones before – please take note of how the blank you receive is boxed from the company. Windstones are very fragile and must be double boxed. Your safest bet is to reuse the packaging it comes in. If you need any guidance in packing, feel free to email me and I will walk you through it in tiny baby steps because I am an insane worrywort and will hold your hand and pet you, and allay your fears as best I can.

*Sign the felt pad before you ship your piece! Naming your piece is a nice touch, but not required.

*To keep in the spirit of the swap, don’t post any pictures of your piece (even in your private gallery) until your recipient has received it. No spoilers!

*Everyone is welcome! Just do your best; I’ve never heard of a swap participant being disappointed with what they received. We had some first time painters in the last swap, and they did AWESOME so don’t be shy if you’re a newbie!

*We do this not only to give, but to receive. Please commit to following through on shipping the piece to your recipient. If you must drop out, let me know ASAP so that we can shift recipients.

Thanks for such a lovely community, and Happy Painting!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ferlin1984
      Participant

Just sent you my email! Very excited thank you for hosting another one!

Mmloda
        Participant

So exciring I am in but I will have to wait until the weekend to send my email….YAY I’m excited.Love participating in these.

Marzena

Natasha
          Participant

Hooray! We’re off to a Roaring start! So far I have sign up forms from:
            Natasha
            Ferlin
            Dashesndots
            Phoegonix
            Lisa Z

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
            Participant

Here’s the updated signup list! I’ve received entries from:

Natasha
              Ferlin
              Dashesndots
              Phoegonix
              Lisa Z
              Scarletdrite
              Bodine
              Cwgrlup911

ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
              Participant

We have a week left for signups! Come on in, and join us! Here’s the current list of people I have a completed sign up from:

Natasha
                Ferlin
                Dashesndots
                Phoegonix
                Lisa Z
                Scarletdrite
                Bodine
                Cwgrlup911
                Mmloda

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
                Participant

Just a few more days to sign up for the PYO Exchange! Please email me if you want to join up! Here’s all our completed entrants

Natasha
                  Ferlin
                  Dashesndots
                  Phoegonix
                  Lisa Z
                  Scarletdrite
                  Bodine
                  Cwgrlup911
                  Mmloda
                  Zloy720
                  Leigha
                  Ciarnet

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  Gothic - Mahogany

etruscan
                  Participant

You may need to poke Melody, or ask Susie to do it. Melody said “Sure” in the “Gauging Interest” thread but I don’t know whether she has seen this one.

Natasha
                    Participant

Thanks for the head’s up! I’ll reach out.

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
                      Participant

We have a nice big bunch so far, and reading all the requests have been fun. There are so many cool things I’d love to paint! I can’t wait to see how it all shakes out! Here’s our current list. Any more takers?

Natasha
                        Ferlin
                        Dashesndots
                        Phoegonix
                        Lisa Z
                        Scarletdrite
                        Bodine
                        Cwgrlup911
                        Mmloda
                        Zloy720
                        Leigha
                        Ciarnet
                        Melody

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        Gothic - Mahogany

Landipan
                        Participant

I’ll throw my hat into the ring! Despite being on this forum for quite a few years now, this’ll be my very first PYO swap! The time is now! 😀

*Formerly meowmix101
                          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Natasha
                          Participant

Updating like it’s my job! We have:

Natasha
                            Ferlin
                            Dashesndots
                            Phoegonix
                            Lisa Z
                            Scarletdrite
                            Bodine
                            Cwgrlup911
                            Mmloda
                            Zloy720
                            Leigha
                            Ciarnet
                            Melody
                            Landipan

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
                            Participant

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up! Any more takers? I will actually be sending Assignments out on Monday the 17th as I will be away from my computer on Sunday. Dopey me forgot it was Father’s Day!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                              ANY Test Paint Bat
                              UNIS:
                              Male- Snow Leopard TP
                              Gothic - Mahogany

Bodine
                              Participant

Great group! Thanks for hosting😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ferlin1984
                                Participant

Do we know if any of the PYO will be restocked 😬. My person wanted some that were out of stock.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.