fbpx

Suggestion for the store

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Suggestion for the store

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Copper83
    Participant

Copper83
      Participant

With the problem of people losing items from their cart before they get to check out in mind, what about having a time limit for check out, during which, items in your cart are “safe” from being snagged from you. Five minutes would probably be enough. I’ve been to other sites that have a lot of traffic that do this. Maybe it could work here too.

That would help, I had one in my cart the other day, and was just choosing shipping, etc, then went to check out and “poof” it was gone, just that fast.

I’d only had it in my cart for like a minute and it was gone before I finished the transaction.

Kyrin

When you buy tickets to a concert through ticketmaster, they do that; if you hit refresh, you start from scratch. And if you take more than a couple of minutes to complete your order, same thing. It seems to work. I’ve bought tickets through them several times over the last few years and never had a problem.

Purplecat
        Participant

I wonder if it would help with the problems they’ve had with the store crashing…or if the two are even linked…

Susie
          Keymaster

As soon as time permits we will research that and see if we can set the shopping cart to work that way. Our shopping cart program is not extremely sophistocated, I don’t think the makers of it ever thought that anything in it would sell as fast as Windstone does!

Purplecat
            Participant

Susie wrote:

As soon as time permits we will research that and see if we can set the shopping cart to work that way. Our shopping cart program is not extremely sophistocated, I don’t think the makers of it ever thought that anything in it would sell as fast as Windstone does!

Rofl….we’re super speedy! πŸ˜†

darjeb
              Participant

We are some of the fastest people in the world when it comes to grabbing something from the store.

Amanda
                Participant

I think it would be great if you could ‘hold’ something in your cart for 24 hours or so. Like when I saw the pink laps, there were 10 left but I just couldn’t spend THAT much money without really thinking about it-sleeping on it really! Of course by the time I had decied to go ahead and get one it was too late πŸ™

Bob

darjeb wrote:

We are some of the fastest people in the world when it comes to grabbing something from the store.

Store?? What store?? OOOHH you mean the split second holding ramp for the Windstones to fly off of!!

Purplecat
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

darjeb wrote:

Store?? What store?? OOOHH you mean the split second holding ramp for the Windstones to fly off of!!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Copper83
                      Participant

Susie wrote:

Thank you Susie!

Barbara
                        Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Now that’s funny! πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.