fbpx

Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers

Home Forums Miscellany Food Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I am sure many of you make these.I made some Christmas and they were loved so making some for us for tomorrow.I don’t eat the peppers but they do pick up some flavor from the pepper.Put on top rack in fridge for a couple of hours before cooking.Serve immediately.
      4 peppers(makes 8),core them out,real easy,takes a few minutes,1/2 bag(4oz)mixed grated cheese,1/3 pk.softened Philly cream cheese,a dash of garlic powder,1/4 bag bacon bits.Combine and stuff peppers,bake until cheese melts just starting to turn brown.
      This recipe can make 6 peppers,I just stuff them good.
      Enjoy!HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!

IMG_20191231_073350

IMG_20191231_073324

I will post cooked pic tomorrow.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Sorry,they got ate.
        Ever wonder why we as a nation,are gaining too much weight.Part of it is sly social engineering.The gold plate is from the 60s,my black one is from early 2000.Some folks may not know that you don’t put too much food on your plate as to cover the design.The gold one fits inside the black one.

20200305_1546332

etruscan
        Participant

Interesting about the plates. I certainly have noticed that all the mugs are much bigger than they used to be!

Melody
          Keymaster

I am sure many of you make these.I made some Christmas and they were loved so making some for us for tomorrow.I don’t eat the peppers but they do pick up some flavor from the pepper.Put on top rack in fridge for a couple of hours before cooking.Serve immediately.
            4 peppers(makes 8),core them out,real easy,takes a few minutes,1/2 bag(4oz)mixed grated cheese,1/3 pk.softened Philly cream cheese,a dash of garlic powder,1/4 bag bacon bits.Combine and stuff peppers,bake until cheese melts just starting to turn brown.
            This recipe can make 6 peppers,I just stuff them good.
            Enjoy!HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!

IMG_20191231_073350

IMG_20191231_073324

I will post cooked pic tomorrow.

Jalapenos are treacherous. Sometimes they are the perfect amount of hot, some times they are AAAAAAAAAA!!

pipsxlch
            Participant

Aww man, I love stuffed jalapenos but my husband shrinks in horror from them. They look delicious!

I have some vintage china around, I ought to do a comparison lol. I think it was about 25 years ago I noticed the cups in a set going from dainty little teacups to big coffee mugs.

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

I can add to your recipe, Mimi…instead of bacon bits added to the cheese mixture, take 1/2 bacon strip, raw, wrap around the pepper with cheese, and secure with a toothpick. Add a little garlic powder and parm to the cheese mixture.

A similar cheese mixture can also be used to stuff mushrooms (dont use mozzarella in the cheese mixture – cream cheese, cheddar and parm have worked best for me) once stuffed, roll the tops in grated parm, bake at 375 for 20-30 depending on the size of the mushrooms.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
                Participant

YUM,I made some a few days ago,added pork sausage(cooked).I will add parm. next time Ang.Thanks for the tip.
                  Ms.Melody,I don’t eat the peppers.My belly would scream bloody murder.I let them sit a few hours before cooking.It picks up some flavor of it,enough for my taste.Jeff eats them all.lol I have found these big fat ones are perfect size and not real hot.I think the smaller the pepper,the more punch it carries,most of the time.x

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

If you get rid of all seeds and rinse really well, there should be next to no heat. The pepper carries that flavor without burning your tongue off!! I always get rid of the seeds completely and make sure you dont rub your eyes or anything without washing your hands really well! Hahaha! Learned that the hard way !!

Speaking of pork, have you ever had “sausage stars”? I use the guts to stuff mushrooms and peppers…but I originally started stuffing phyllo pastry.

Fry ground pork with red, yellow, orange, green peppers (shopped into small cubes), add Monterey Jack cheese, and cream cheese, then add a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix, stuff and bake. You can also use ranch dressing but it might end up a little too runny. It should have the consistency of thick oatmeal. For quantities, it depends how much pork you’re frying. Start with the cream cheese and build it as you go until you have the right amount of cheesiness for your taste buds. I end up eating a bunch of it before i even get to the stuffing part. Mmmmmmmm cheeeeeeese!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
                    Participant

Mmmmmmcheeeese
                      That sounds good.Sausage doesn’t hurt my belly like gr.mt. does now.I don’t eat red meat anymore sadly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.