fbpx

Still around, very difficult year with dad passing away in July

Home Forums Miscellany Community Still around, very difficult year with dad passing away in July

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m still around, it has just been a tremendously difficult year. As many of you on fb know, my dad passed away in July. It was absolutely unexpected and completely blew mom and I away. Several months prior to his passing he was having some major issues with his foot. He had several surgeries on it to remove a large subcutaneous callous. It was taking a long time for his foot to heal, and eventually he developed a minor bacteria that was eating away at the skin around the wound area. When he went back to the hospital to get it looked at they discovered that he not only had diabetes, it was well over 470. They immediately admitted him and kept him in ICU for a week to administer insulin and monitor the progress on his foot. This was in late June. Several weeks later on July 12th, he passed away of a major heart attack. He was only 57 years old.

Needless to say mom and I are still in shock that he is gone. None of us knew about his diabetes or severe risk of heart attack. Dad hadn’t been going to the doctor much so he wasn’t aware of the issues, and he hadn’t been showing signs of related symptoms. If he was in fact aware of it he chose not to share that with mom and I. Either way he is in a much better place, and I know without a doubt we will all be reunited again. I’ve had many up & down days, some more intense than others. There are times when I hear his boisterous laugh and miss him so terribly. It will take a lot of time and healing for mom and I to come to terms with losing dad. Her and I have each other, and we are helping one another get through this very difficult time as the days go by. Losing a parent is hands down the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to go through, and my prayers and love go out to all that have lost or are losing loved ones. My heart is with you. <3

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

I’m so sorry, MG! ((HUGS)) <3

Kim
        Blocked

So sorry to hear about your dad. As you said, picture that he’s in a better place now and you will see him again one day.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

So sorry for your loss MG and my heart goes out to you and your family. Losing a parent is so very difficult.

Im sorry for your loss MG, its hard to believe but it really does get easier 🙁 hugs

etruscan
          Participant

So sorry to hear this. 🙁 Big hugs!

dragonmedley
            Participant

Oh no! I’m so sorry… Losing someone is always so hard, but when it’s sudden like this, it’s really difficult. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this MG. Loosing fathers unexpectedly sucks. Next Saturday is the first anniversary of my dad’s passing. Things are a little better now, but it’s still hard to visit mom’s, see his cars and not find him there working on something.

rock-reader
                Participant

My condolences on your father’s sudden passing. Diabetes is a nasty disease and relatively symptomless until damage has already occurred. My heart goes out to you and your mother.
                  My stepmother passed away two Saturdays ago but she had been ill for a long time (Muscular Dystrophy and related problems). She was 92, completely unable to move and delusional when she wasn’t drugged to the gills with painkillers, so it was actually a release for her. Whether from a sudden heart attack or a prolonged illness, it is very hard to lose a parent. Hang in there.

Falcolf
                  Participant

I’m sorry for your loss Machineguts. The closest person that I have ever lost was my cat Sunny and that still sucks hardcore three years later but I’ve never lost another human that I was as close to as you to your dad. Hugs!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Chloe
                    Participant

I am so sorry. Losing a parent is a hurt that never heals completely. You and your mom are in my thoughts and well wishes.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Oh MG, I’m so sorry about your dad… My dad passed unexpectedly about a little over a year ago – it still feels unreal. Feels like he’s just in another room of the house sometimes…

tdm

tdm

siberakh1
                        Participant

I’m really sorry to hear about your father. My condolences to you and your family MG. *HUGS*

phantomess
                          Participant

You likely don’t know me, as I’m newer here, but I’m sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers for you & fam.

About 3 years ago, my husband’s father died suddenly of a heart attack, and was also only in his 50s. He wasn’t much of one for going to the doctor, so… it was totally unexpected and a huge blow to the family. It shook me up quite a bit and to be honest, even though it wasn’t my own father and I didn’t exactly have much of a relationship with my father-in-law, it has made me have somewhat of a depressed outlook on life ever since then, and fear and paranoia! Especially since I live so far away from my own parents. I also cannot stand the thought of my husband “going” before I do. I try not to dwell on those things, but sometimes, it’s hard.

Really didn’t mean to make this about me though- blessings, machineguts, to you & your mother. Lean on and take care of each other.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Skigod377
                            Participant

So sorry for your loss but it’s nice to hear from you again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.