fbpx

Stationary up for (free) grabs!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Stationary up for (free) grabs!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Maria
      Participant

Hiya, all you artistically inclined and talented!
        I haven’t a clue where this belongs; mods, feel free to move it. Here’s the subject: Over here, the begging letters from charitable institutions often include cards, stickers, or stationary as a little thank-you for any donations you might want to make. Over the course of years Opa, who has his own foundation for all sorts of do-gooder projects, has received thousands of such letters, and in the process I accumulated loads of stationary cards, most with matching envelopes, and regular postcards without envelopes.
        They’re all very pretty: flowers, landscapes, animals, weather… And there are simply more than I need. There are only a few people that I wrote to via snail mail on a regular basis.
        Instead of letting the pretty things go to waste, I thought I’d ask on here whether anyone might enjoy getting a batch of cards like this. Maybe some of you scrapbook, or still write cards the old-fashioned way…
        These cards are completely free; no shipping charge, no nothing. You can ask for a certain theme, a certain quality, a certain size, a certain number, or a whole bunch. I have about 250 of them, plus 100 postcards. I can’t obviously take a photo of every card; I could take a photo of a mass if that helps anybody.
        If you’re interested, shoot me a PM or an e-mail to GE _ M134 (at) msn dot com (remove the spaces, of course).

Jasmine
        Participant

That’s very generous of you GB!! Not that I need any though, my mother likes to give me packs every Christmas so I’m good for the next 300 years or so. ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
          Participant

Ah, I see you have the same overload as me. That’s okay; I got a couple people who’ll help me distribute the cards to places they’ll be used. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hey,Bodine will take them for the soldiers.They can use them.

Mmloda
            Participant

I can also use some for my work if you still have any left over, I work for a non- for -profit organization and we could benefit from those for our clients that we provide services to. We provide services to women and youth girls who survivors of sexual assault and we actually have an Art Therapy Program that we provide free of charge and I think those might be really usefull for that and for teh youth program… ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know if you ahve any left and I can PM you my addy…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

Maria
              Participant

I got lots left, mmloda. You’re welcome to as much as you want. I think I have your address, but you can e-mail to me again just to be sure. Is there any theme you like? I was able to send off all my equine and birthday themed stationary but I have lots of pretty flowers, seasonal photos and landscapes left. The cards are blank by the way, though there might be a logo of the philanthropic foundation on the back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.