fbpx

Stating a few things…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Stating a few things…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Let’s see, since I was asked about and pointed at here I figure it never hurts to take the time to try and offer my own thoughts on everything that may or may not have occurred.

First off, the “missing” or “resold” items. I have no clue what the heck is going on but no, I have NOT resold things that were bought from me. I have tried to state from the start that I have health issues, mobility issues, and after some really huge medical bills, financial issues. All of which led to me putting up things I have loved and cherished and thought were mine forever up for sale.

I made points saying that the reason many were underpriced or would be sold for the best offer is that I needed them to go NOW. And for a lot of people, I never collected postage as I have NEVER sold anything before, had no clue when, how or WHERE I was shipping them from and is instead, I contacted them personally via email, gave EVERY BIT OF CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ME that I thought would make sure that if there were any serious problems that you could reach me, up to and including my home phone number.

At this point in time, the box with the pair of oriental dragons should be in the hands of their owner TOMORROW. The Male kirin should be in Lori’s hands by Wednesday, and about the same for the white royal hatcher headed to someone who had not posted here so I will not, in deferrence to privacy. The emerald royal hatcher and young will get to their home whenever they do as I cannot control Canada post.

As for the person who made a comment that I never replied to her email, well, you were asking to buy a butternut poad from me. As at the time I had no clue how much to charge, you’re right I never replied. Should you still want it, hell, offer me a decent price, add in shipping and it is yours, but I’m guessing that the spectre of me being some huge scammer will stop me from selling anything else, even if everything arrives in perfect shape, bought for good prices and in some cases, having paid me less that other items have sold right here in the forums because I don’t have the time or energy to argue.

The sad part of this all? I have been labeled as a scammer when I have always tried to be upfront with my problems, the fact that in a few cases, the items were sold during the holidays where the post office was closed and there was no way in hell I could go there (oh and to the folks who say I can call them for pick up? I’d need to know the exact weight of the parcel and then prepay via credit card and that’s not possible right now for me, unless things have totally changed since I called to ask after reading that wonderful news here) and that I have tried from day one to give contact whenever possible so people would KNOW I was not racing off with their money. I understand that everyone works hard for it, and I understand the need everyone has to get the things they pay for, but I also know that I have bought items from people in this very forum back before I got sick, and often waited a WHILE to get the things and I never said a word because I knew that sometimes in life crap comes up and that we’re here because we love these pieces and that selling them often is the hardest thing someone has to do.

And the worst part is, I’ve sold off a majority of the stuff that did give me pleasure and at the end of it, because of shipping, and paypal fees I never knew about, and the fact I have no clue what things were worth, I’m down almost two thousand dollars and will not make the final payment I had to make, so it was all for nothing. Not sure if that’s funny or sad.

I’m hoping that as things arrive, people DO post to show that they did get there. And if for some reason you decide I’m not running off giggling after having ripped people off, if you need or want any of the items I have left, just email me at nytetyger@gmail.com. Other than that, once every box arrives, I’ll delete this account, not from shame but because there really isn’t any other reason for me to come back.

Oh, and before I get any “waaa waaa” comments, there aren’t any– I honestly wish from the depth of my heart that the things everyone has bought warm their hearts and souls, that they get the joy I used to get looking at them, and that no one ever has to sell them the way I have.

I wish you all health, happiness, and unlimited joy
    –Anne

Hannah
    Participant

Just so that you know, what happened in the other thread when a forum member decided to turn it negative actually had nothing to do with you. It was an innocent thread simply asking if anyone had heard from you, and it turned sour over something that didn’t involve you, so please dont think that people were calling you a scammer – they were not.

I have since found a butternut poad. It would have been nice to receive an answer to my inquiry is all.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

scenceable
      Participant

I also never read anywhere that people were saying you were a scammer. From what I saw, people knew you had health problems and were just wondering if others had been in contact with you.

The scammer comments on that thread were directed at other people.

I mean maybe people said those things about you in private messages or some such but I never read anything like that on the forum.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

Posting this link because I REALLY think people need to be reading this, again, as a reminder before posting >>>>> https://windstoneeditions.com/forum/word-about-content

Nam was kind enough to write that up for us. I hate it when things become a public display. Period. It makes me feel bad.

(this is not directed and any one person. I’m posting this due to the increase of unpleasantness happening lately that could be avoided by these guidelines.)

Lupuslunae
          Participant

You most certainly have NOT been labeled a scammer. As others have said, have a look at the forum post that started this. The question of whether anyone had heard from you was plainly innocuous. The thread then devolved into an entirely different argument that had nothing to do with you or your sales. I’m sorry if you were upset; I hope your health is doing better and the new year brings only new and good things to you and yours.

And since this thread is probably going to be locked…I have to be a little bad and ask…did someone pm you to instigate this outburst? I am sorry you were upset by the other thread, but it really wasn’t about you in the end. So why this reaction?

You most certainly have NOT been labeled a scammer. As others have said, have a look at the forum post that started this. The question of whether anyone had heard from you was plainly innocuous. The thread then devolved into an entirely different argument that had nothing to do with you or your sales. I’m sorry if you were upset; I hope your health is doing better and the new year brings only new and good things to you and yours.

And since this thread is probably going to be locked…I have to be a little bad and ask…did someone pm you to instigate this outburst? I am sorry you were upset by the other thread, but it really wasn’t about you in the end. So why this reaction?

I’ve gotten a few really nasty emails pretty much painting me as a sleezoid scammer… and I can understand folks worrying, but right now my main focus was trying to sell what I have left without resorting to the fees eBay puts on you, and considering how money is tight, NO ONE will buy from a known scammer.

heh… I was kinda darned if I did not say a thing, because then if I posted sales things, people would wonder and if I do say things, then I’m defensive and over reactive. ::shrug:: I’ve met some amazing folks here– SecretHope, amongst others, who send notes and tell me to shush and that they know I’m not a scammer, etc, but hell, the one thing you HAVE online is your word and your rep and I wanted to make sure mine was still OK.

And since it seems it will be locked after this, my thanks to the kind notes I have gotten from this.

Naamaste-
            Anne

Ann

Since this thread has not been locked and all I know about you is that you are sick, I just wanted to say I hope you start feeling better soon and good luck with the doctors!

Sbianchi
              Participant

I hope you are feeling better also and hope everything works out for you.

Carolyn
                Participant

Yes negativity in threads is wrong . Nobody needs to read it . If you have a gripe with someone , keep it between you . Don’t air it in public . I’ve learned not to do it . What good is it when it’s just to make you feel better or does it ?
                  Holding gruges only shorten your life .

It was locked for that reason .

siberakh1
                  Participant

I don’t know who sent those emails or what precisely they wrote. I can say, I wouldn’t count yourself out on selling your other items. While I do have to wait until my income tax return comes through, if I have the spare funds after taking care of some necessary things (car tires and such), I am strongly considering purchasing an item or two from you to help you rehome them. I’ve been on the forum from the beginning, so I’m familiar with you on the forum, though newer members may not be. I also understand that there may be a delay, as you have stated that there are health issues (been there). I do understand people who don’t know you being gun-shy in not hearing communication, as there have been some not so trustworthy people on the forum in the past and on ebay or craigslist, so I do see where they are coming from. However people jumping the gun to email you and make accusations and not having a little patience first (you did state right at the beginning that you are ill and that shipping/communication might be a bit delayed), that I don’t agree with and I’m sorry you received some nasty emails. ๐Ÿ™

I do hope you are feeling better, but don’t count yourself out on rehoming the rest of your items yet! ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Also Nytetyger, I didn’t mean to insinuate anything negative about you with my comments either. I was trying to sort of diffuse the other argument by just trying to set people’s minds at ease.

I never saw or read anything saying you were a scammer at all, it was just someone asking if they had heard from you and that’s all. Other members took some things out of context and a bit of an argument started that had nothing to do with you in the least so please don’t worry yourself sick over it. You need to focus on getting yourself well.

Also, if you continue to get nasty emails then just send them into your spam folder *nods*

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                      Participant

:bigsmile: LOVE AND HUGS MY FRIEND!!! LOVE AND HUGS!!!! :bigsmile:

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Rachel
                        Participant

*knows she should stay out of this, but…*
                          Though no one outright said Nytetyger was doing anything wrong or shady, the overall language and attitude certainly suggested it–EVEN if it was unintentional. The thing is, what you say in writing is not going to be seen the same as if you’d said it in person. There have been a lot of cat fights on this forum lately, and some of it is the misunderstanding of others’ posts. I also think some of it is just plain snippiness that has no place among friends.

Another problem with online communications is that they are inherently shallow, even if the person who is communicating is not shallow. It is far easier to allow your emotions (positive or negative) to come to the surface toward someone you’ve never met and will likely never meet than it is to someone right in front of you–who might actually hug you back or, conversely, flinch at mean words.

I know I shouldn’t get into this, and I usually don’t. But I do have to point out that, as a third party, though no one said anything outright, the insinuations were abundantly clear.

Now, because my brain-to-mouth/typing fingers filter has always been faulty, sometimes even getting around my read-it-three-times-to-see-if-I-came-off-as-a-jerk editor, I will say not one more peep on this thread.

Christine
                          Participant

Since the other locked thread went a bit wayward of the original topic, I’ll post it here…

Just received the two pieces I bought from Nytetyger; they arrived safe and sound and were as described. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.