fbpx

Spring 2024 PYO Swap Sign Ups NOW OPEN!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Spring 2024 PYO Swap Sign Ups NOW OPEN!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Lower
    Participant

Hi everyone! The time for our 2024 Spring Swap is here!
      Info for people new to the group: By joining this, you agree to paint a PYO according to a prompt you receive. In return, you receive a PYO from another painter tailored to your prompt. I’ve seen some amazing pieces done during these swaps!
      Details:
      Sign ups are open from today thru March 1st. March 2-3, I will send out forum PMs with everyone’s swap partners. Your finished PYO should be shipped between May 1st and no later than May 10th. This gives everyone about 2 months to order a blank PYO (if needed) and complete their piece. I will send out a PM around April 10th to ask if your piece is ready and get an idea if anyone will be delayed.
      To sign up: Send me a PM through the Windstone forum and include “Spring 2024 PYO Swap” in the subject. I will reply to each PM to confirm receipt, as well as updating the forum with the number of participants. If you are not on the Windstone forums, I suggest you sign up (it’s free!). Feel free to contact me on the forum or through Facebook with questions!
      Please include the following in your forum message:
      1. Forum name, real name, and mailing address. Make sure it’s an address that can accept packages, since this is where your swap partner will be sending your piece.
      2. Requests for what sculpts you’d like to receive and if there are any you’d prefer to NOT receive. Store stock fluctuates, so please be more open-minded towards sculpts. Also, please do give a prompt for the painter. Part of the fun is getting to paint things you might not paint for yourself, and another part is receiving something painted just for you. Prompts can include desired color schemes, animal inspiration, or a general subject.
      While not everything might be in stock right now, it may become available later. Please be a little flexible in your requests so your painter has some options to choose from. I suggest listing three or so different sculpts in order of preference (but also be open to something out of that short list), or something like “no unicorns” or “anything but X and Y.”
      3. Whether you will be willing to ship outside the country.
      Also, please mention if you have anything you just absolutely hate to paint – we want everyone to have a good time with the swap after all!
      All partners will be determined by random drawing. If Melody is participating, her recipient will be drawn first so that everyone has an equal chance. After that, I will make adjustments as needed to accommodate requests as best I can, but the primary method of selection will be random. I will not be in the drawing for Melody’s recipient.
      Things to note:
      *Please do not ship early.
      *You are probably not painting for the person who is painting for you. This is more of a “secret santa” type exchange.
      * Please be aware that you may be asked to paint a larger piece than you are asking for. Since we have lots of people participating in this swap, not all requests will be equal.
      *If you’ve never shipped Windstones before – please take note of how the blank you receive is boxed from the company. Windstones are very fragile and must be double boxed. Your safest bet is to reuse the packaging it comes in. If you need any guidance in packing, feel free to message me and I will walk you through it.
      *Sign the felt pad before you ship your piece. Naming your piece is a nice touch, but not required.
      *To keep in the spirit of the swap, don’t post any pictures of your piece (even in your private gallery) until your recipient has received it. No spoilers.
      *Everyone is welcome. Just do your best. If you need help, reach out. I love the Windstone Community- they are very supportive! If I can’t answer your questions, I can find someone who can!
      *We do this not only to give, but to receive. Please commit to following through on shipping the piece to your recipient. If you must drop out, let me know ASAP so that we can reorganize recipients, or arrange something else.

Yay! I can’t wait! 😁
      I sent mine in.

Laura Sparling
      Participant

Sent you a PM! So excited!

Grail Pieces:
        Sagraine Male Dragon
        Palomino Male Unicorn

Bodine
        Participant

Form sent.
          Thank you for hosting again Big job👍

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mmloda
          Participant

SENT …😁 Glad I didn’t miss this one .

Marzena

Mika
            Participant

Sent mine in!^^

Roboroo
              Participant

Just submitted. First time ever!

Brenda Lower
                Participant

Just an update: we have 27 people signed up so far! It’s going to be a great group.

Melody
                  Keymaster

If a pyo you want is out of stock -check back! We are always casting more, but they need time to dry.
                    The only “Join waitlist” one that I didn’t see on the drying cart today is the PYO Oriental dragon.

Bodine
                    Participant

Orientals back??YAY!THANK YOU 😍

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Brenda Lower
                      Participant

We now have 30 people signed up!

If you want to participate, please make sure to send me a message by MARCH 1st!

sylvantrails
                        Participant

sent! I loved seeing what people did last year, I’m looking forward to participating this year.

Brenda Lower
                          Participant

LAST CALL FOR SIGN-UPS!

If you are interested in participating, message me TODAY, March 1st. If you haven’t received acknowledgement that you entered, comment or reach out to me so I can make sure you are on the list.

We have over 40 people participating! Woo hoo!

Brenda Lower
                            Participant

Hi all!

How’s things coming along? Anyone need help in any way?

Courtney bridgeman
                              Participant

When are we mailing out???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.