Spam Private Messages

Home Forums Miscellany Community Spam Private Messages

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Zexious
    Participant

Thanks for all your help, Jennifer. You’re a rockstar!

chibishiro12
      Participant

I don’t know if anyone else got another one, but I just got this same spam message a few minutes ago and sent an email to Jennifer. They seem to be at it again. 🙁

Looking for-
        red fire young dragon
        old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Kujacker
        Participant

I did as well.

Susie
          Keymaster

I have advised Clay as well.  Please, do not follow the link in that spam p.m. message.  This time I got one too!

StormDancer
            Participant

Yes I also just got one and emailed Jennifer and you Susie about it.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

etruscan
              Participant

I just got this message again – sender identified as keragerni.  I’m notifying Jennifer and Susie.

Susie
                Keymaster

Clay is on it!  He’ll be removing the p.m.’s

Thank you so much everyone for the quick alerts to this stuff!  You guys are wonderful!

Susie
                  Keymaster

O.K.!  The spam messages from “keragerni” in the Army should be gone now.  You may have a notice telling you that you have a new private message – and then no private message to see – this is because the spam messages have been removed.

Thanks again for all of the messages to us alerting us to the problem!

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

I still have a stuck alert from the time before, it always is stuck there telling me I have one new message but I don’t….

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kujacker
                      Participant

Same username, just with a space, sent another message. I really wonder what they hope to gain from this, considering I’m pretty sure no one is clicking their links or replying to them etc

StormDancer
                        Participant

I just woke up to 2 more. Same person, messages sent one minute apart. Hopefully she gets bored soon!

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

The Spammer (keran gerni) just PM’d me 8 minutes ago – I’ve emailed Jennifer and Susie.
                            Then I blocked the Miscreant and deleted the PM without clicking on it or reading it.

DO NOT CLICK ON OR READ THE PM MESSAGE – DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Hi guys! Sorry this problem returned overnight when there was no one around to squish it. I think I have blocked all of our current “wave” of spammers so you should not get any NEW spammy private messages (timestamped after 9:30am EST). If you do, please reply here with the exact user name of the person sending you spam.
                              As for what to do with the spam private messages you already do have (if any), just delete them. I think that by me marking the users as spammers on our web platform that their PMs might become unavailable to you… but if not, just delete them. Please don’t be alarmed if you read the message; reading it won’t cause you any trouble (other than annoyance). Just please don’t click any links in the messages! That’s where you can get into trouble.

I confess I don’t know enough about our web platform to remove any pending notifications you might have for new messages; hopefully Clay can figure that one out for us!

(I’m re-posting this to all the current threads about the spammer)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Angelique Shaffer
                              Participant

Yeah I just got this too .

Stephanie
                                Participant

I thought it was very strange to receive a PM here since I haven’t posted anything on this forum is FOREVER!

I went to check the “person’s” profile and there wasn’t one….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.