Something that made you smile today?

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Something that made you smile today?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Sure, it’s still early and a Monday to boot, but I hope something has managed to make you smile today!

For me, it was seeing the cat and dog getting along.

Nani-cat is usually the instigator so mostly I’m proud of him for not punching Link in the face, lol. Not pictured: Samus the little butt of a collie dog who is still too much of a puppy to gracefully interact with a grumpy old man cat.

Kim
      Blocked

Very cute. You have some lovely pets! Is that a white shepherd?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
        Participant

I read where my dearest friends wished Jeff and I some sweet Happy anniversary mssgs.Luv you guys too!!!Not to mention dear Ela_Hera sent me and Jeff an awesome gift.She is a gem no doubt.Made me smile!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jasmine
          Participant

@Kim Yep, Link’s a white GSD! and thank you! They all share a home with my fiance and I, a bunch of fish, and a bunch of beetles. I don’t want to be overrun by pets (ok, maybe I do), but I’d love a ball python as well. I miss having rats, which may be my favorite pets of all! Do you live with any animal compadres?

@Bodine
            <3 That’s so awesome. Happy anniversary!

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

Awe, how sweet! A thing that made me smile is I got two very special packages – one from eBay, a drawing mannequin I bought and the seller so kindly included a box for him with special watercolor pencils, and from Dragoneer_88 so kindly and quickly sending me the Version 1 Elven Curlie I’ve been so keen after for quite some time. Two very nice things to make up for a hard day.

And your babies Jasmine are so lovely.

Finding happiness again.

Jasmine
              Participant

Thank you, Celestial Rainstorm! Gotta love two packages in one day. It always blows me away when sellers include a little something extra. Hand written notes – for example – instantly endear me to a seller. I once bought a skull from a lady on DA and it came with a massive and beautifully barred turkey feather buried under the packing peanuts. It became the biggest feather in my collection and such a pretty focal point. When I thanked her for the bonus gift she replied, “Weird. Credit goes to one of my turkeys. I didn’t notice it in there.” LOL!

Falcolf
                Participant

This didn’t happen today, but it did make my whole week (which has been nine days long thanks to my manager going off to the UK – can’t wait to sleep in tomorrow, it felt SO good turning off all of my alarms just now so that I can be deservedly incredilazy tomorrow,) but last Tuesday one of our reps (I work in an outdoor store,) came by and gave me a free down jacket! It’s a factory second, so kind of a prototype of the ones which they’re now selling (which only just came out this year,) but I absolutely love it and it’s saved me a lot of money, since I was going to have to buy one anyway for the thru-hiking and backpacking which I want to do eventually. It literally turned a terrible marathon of a week into something not wonderful, but perfectly tolerable and I am so grateful for it! Plus it’s beautiful! 😀

Jasmine, your pets are really, really gorgeous!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Celestial Rainstorm
                  Participant

Oh wow that was so awesome Jasmine! As an avid feather collector, that is such a cool little gift to get. I love putting in little bits of candy or notes to my buyers, just makes me smile.

Finding happiness again.

Jasmine
                    Participant

@Falcolf That sounds awesomeeee (the gift, not a 9 day week)! I need an entirely new wardrobe to be honest but I would definitely start with warm, utilitarian things. You can’t beat a free down jacket. Enjoy the heck out of that incredilaziness! And thank you! I’m partial to my pets. 😛

@Celestial-Rainstorm
                      Candy’s a nice idea! I’ve never gotten candy from a seller but I did get Lipton Green Tea and assorted cutesy stickers from one who sold me a tamagotchi face plate. They included a matching charm for it too. Such generosity! I used to include one small random gemstone with every Etsy purchase but ran out pretty fast. Now I’m left with only my favorites from my personal collection, but I’d love to keep a supply around specifically for gifting away.

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Omgosh, Jasmine!!! I had two shakes to jump onlone before calling it a “night”, and since my day went from looooooong to great, I was like, what the hey?! I’ve got time to see pics of what made you smile today…and instantly, i started to sob! Your hound looks identical to my Milo (white GSD), who was my “once loved, then lost” baby who I hadn’t thought about in a long time. I did a HARD double take at your picture!!!! Anyway, after my crumpled mascara from a 16 hour day ran down my face to my chin, I started to remember how Milo had the best nose! He could find the rock you just threw in a boulder field! On our hikes, he would go off trail, and dig out a stick that was ridiculously too big. Like, any other dog would have said ” yo man? Why’s your stick gotta be so big for???” After a good cry, and a quick glance at my GB wolf I bought to commemorate Him, it felt pretty good! Thanks 🙂 Your post made me smile today!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Jasmine
                        Participant

@Angelika_Zen I’m so glad you got to relive some happy moments with your Milo, even if came unexpected and caught you off guard. <3

My Link is just 4 1/2 y.o. and happy and healthy, but I still get emotional seeing other white shepherds around. Just last week I saw a lady holding a 9 wk white shep puppy walking into PetCo and even though I had my purchases and was heading to my car, I had to run back in and ask her if I could pet, take photos for my fiance at home. I squished the pup’s little paws and looked into her face, almost identical to Link’s as a baby, and almost started blubbering so I had to leave kind of awkwardly LOL. They’re such wonderful dogs. Smart as anything, loyal to a fault. A real treasure.

Bodine
                          Participant

It is a new year and this makes me smile.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.