fbpx

something evil-Dragons and a GRIFFIN now

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone something evil-Dragons and a GRIFFIN now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

The name fits, but I have to say I prefered Black Opal. it was more colorful and brighter.

Kujacker
      Participant

Oh man, he’s awesome. Just the blue and gold/gray combo is stunning on him!

DarkLadyPhoenix
        Participant

Ohhhh *squeal* what an awesome evil PYO!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

How did you get one without eyes?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
            Participant

At least I know I’m not crazy then. I thought there was something really odd about the eyes. I just thought they were really deep set.

I am loving the coloring on this one.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Nambroth wrote:

How did you get one without eyes?

I didn’t. i vert carefuly popped the eyes out. I have these dentist tools that curve and are perfect for getting under the eyes with out damaging the gypsom. since the dragons have more space to work with around the eyes it is easier to pop them out.

Maria
                Participant

You’re brave, Koishii. 😯 I’d be afraid of breaking something.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Me too! When I get PYOs with the eyes in (for trades or for myself) I never dare to pop the eyes. I have a set of 10 dentist’s picks and have tried and broken several. x_x I’ve also scratched the backed-on enamel color off of the eyes this way. Eep.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Me too! When I get PYOs with the eyes in (for trades or for myself) I never dare to pop the eyes. I have a set of 10 dentist’s picks and have tried and broken several. x_x I’ve also scratched the backed-on enamel color off of the eyes this way. Eep.

so far i have never harmed an eye, it takes a lot of care though, easing it under the eye. what i do is i have one hand pushing the pick in while the dragon rests in the palm of my other hand and my fingers press the against the pick to control the pressure and so when the glue does break the pick does not lurch foreword and scratch something. you only want enough pressure to break the glue, after that the eyes come out nice and easy.
                      the curved picks are the best to use.

or you can put globs of masking fluid on the eyes,let it run down the eyes when you do. when it dries, pull the stuff off gingerly and it is actually strong enough to break the glue. that is what happened to my first and second PYO. it is probly much safer and the eyes just came out so easily.

wow. that dragon is stunning. i cannot wait to see the finished product. are you going to put some sort of pearl in the dragon?

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

wow. that dragon is stunning. i cannot wait to see the finished product. are you going to put some sort of pearl in the dragon?

yuppo.a black pearl will go in the tail.

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

lol, if any one wants tips on PYO eyes for better painting, PM me.

Kujacker
                          Participant

Huh, all my PYO eyes never have an issue popping out (gryphon and dragon… never tried with a ki-rin before :shock:)… but if they ever do, that’s an awesome tip 😀

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

the paint job is finnished. again waiting for gems.

here is how it looks in indor light at night. wait till i take photos of it tomorow during the daylight.

Maria
                              Participant

I am very impressed. The coloring is a perfect fit for the name and vice versa. You do awesome work, Koishii.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.