fbpx

Someone who repairs Windstones in Australia?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Someone who repairs Windstones in Australia?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tethra
    Participant

Tethra
      Participant

Hi Melody,

I’m new to this forum, and to collecting Windstones (I just have to say I love them so much!!!).

I have bought 2 dragons recently off ebay. They were packed correctly according to how you (meaning Windstones) say they should be packed, but still broke in transit to Australia. I want to bring my poor draggies back to health, but I am not an artist so I want to take them to someone that will be able to fix them properly. I was reading some posts and I recall you were saying that there is someone in Australia who is a wiz at fixing Windstones (I would send them to some of the awesome fixer-up-erers in the US if I could afford shipping) ๐Ÿ™ I was wondering if you could refer me to the person here, or if there was anybody else you know of in Aus that can help me.

The two dragons are

1. A peacock oriental. Has been decapitated and has a broken tail. The tail is broken into bits, but isn’t a difficult job to fix according to what I have read in the forum posts. I could possibly fix him if I couldn’t find help. His head itself, horns and body are fine.

2. This is the biggie. A peacock sitting spactral. Body is fine, but his snout is shattered (he has no nose!!! poor draggie!!!). A large flake has come off his neck, but that is fixable. I have a large chunk of one side of the snout, but the other side I think will have to be re-carved (in other words, facial reconstruction surgery…). Can he be fixed?

Also, is it possible to get the matching paint for the dragons? The oriental is the old darker blue peacock (and the darkish purple and coppery colour for his spine and fur). The spectral is the new bright blue, plus some emerald green, pinky purple (the tip of the snout) and the bright purple.

Thank you!
        Elisha

Some pics

Leigha
        Participant

*winces*

ouch….

Oh poor babies,you too,hope you find someone. ๐Ÿ™‚ Just wondering if you got insurance?Get your money back for them?

kitsunelady
          Participant

Wow, that hurts. Hmm, I don’t see anyone on the guest map in Australia. =x But that doesn’t mean anything…they might just not know about it. @.@

Hope you find someone!

yikes… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Nicole
            Participant

How disappointing ๐Ÿ™ I have a hard time believing they were packed correctly if they got that damaged, unless the boxes were mangled. I’m sure one of our repair people can fix them up good as new, but they might have to be shipped to the US. You might try Kalandra. She does really good work and since she’s just starting I don’t think she has much of a wait list if any. Hope you get them fixed soon ๐Ÿ™‚

O_o… Ouch indeed, hope your able to get them fixed up ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
              Keymaster

tethra wrote:

Hi Melody,

I’m new to this forum, and to collecting Windstones (I just have to say I love them so much!!!).

I have bought 2 dragons recently off ebay. They were packed correctly according to how you (meaning Windstones) say they should be packed, but still broke in transit to Australia. I want to bring my poor draggies back to health, but I am not an artist so I want to take them to someone that will be able to fix them properly. I was reading some posts and I recall you were saying that there is someone in Australia who is a wiz at fixing Windstones (I would send them to some of the awesome fixer-up-erers in the US if I could afford shipping) ๐Ÿ™ I was wondering if you could refer me to the person here, or if there was anybody else you know of in Aus that can help me.

The two dragons are

1. A peacock oriental. Has been decapitated and has a broken tail. The tail is broken into bits, but isn’t a difficult job to fix according to what I have read in the forum posts. I could possibly fix him if I couldn’t find help. His head itself, horns and body are fine.

2. This is the biggie. A peacock sitting spactral. Body is fine, but his snout is shattered (he has no nose!!! poor draggie!!!). A large flake has come off his neck, but that is fixable. I have a large chunk of one side of the snout, but the other side I think will have to be re-carved (in other words, facial reconstruction surgery…). Can he be fixed?

Also, is it possible to get the matching paint for the dragons? The oriental is the old darker blue peacock (and the darkish purple and coppery colour for his spine and fur). The spectral is the new bright blue, plus some emerald green, pinky purple (the tip of the snout) and the bright purple.

Thank you!
                Elisha

Yes, that’s “Caisha”. She is a member on this forum, though I haven’t heard from her in a long time. I don’t know if she would be still be interested in doing repair work, but can’t hurt to ask! She is certainly capable – she is a brilliant sculptor and is capable of re-sculpting entire missing parts of Windstones .
                You can try contacting her though our “members list”.

Jasmine
                Participant

Aw…poor babies. ๐Ÿ™

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

That’s so sad. Poor babies ๐Ÿ™ . Good luck and hope they get fixed soon ๐Ÿ™‚ !

Tethra
                    Participant

Thank you everyone for replying to my post! And thanks Melody for telling me about Caisha. I will attempt to contact her and see how I go.

I do have insurance on them, but I read a few posts on that topic, and it seems to be too difficult to get a claim through, especially for international orders. I have too many other things going on at the moment to deal with the hassle. And I don’t want to put people off shipping Windstones internationally, as so few people are willing to ship to Aus and I don’t exactly want to cut off supply to my obsession! ๐Ÿ˜€

I will fix them even if I have to go by the tutorial and do it myself! (That, however is the last choice scenario!) I should be creative enough as a musician…… ๐Ÿ˜†

I would take my babies to the brilliant repair people over in your corner of the world but shipping to and from the US is hideously expensive, so that is out of the question unfortunately!

Thanks again for all your commiseration! I still love my draggies (or bits of them) too!

Elisha.

Apari
                      Participant

Ohh, I’m so sorry about your dragons, that’s horrible. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                        Good luck!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.