fbpx

SOLD–Interest in sculpts for repair projects?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market SOLD–Interest in sculpts for repair projects?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

These guys are SOLD.

I have two sculpts that need some TLC (and I’d like to make a little money to help pay for some goodies I bought).

**Sale pending on OW**

First is a peacock OW. He obviously was dropped. His tail and legs are broken, but the pieces are held in place by his felt. He’s a bit like a jigsaw puzzle already put together with a couple of smallish chips that would need to be resculpted. I got him because I LOVE the OW sculpt and I didn’t have one. And he needed some love. I thought that maybe I’d fix him, but if someone else is interested in fixing him, he’d be happy to get some attention. He actually looks ok, other than the missing chips. You can see the cracks up close, though.

—–SOLD—-Second is a ruby lap.—-
      I bought her off of Craig’s List and the person showed her to me in a dimly lit room and then quickly put her in a box. I didn’t realize until I got home that a chunk of her nose is missing and the spot (a BIG spot) is painted over with red paint so it wasn’t obvious. I was irritated, but what could I do? I figured I could display her so it wasn’t obvious…I knew I couldn’t fix her since it would definitely require a resculpt.

Anyone interested? I would LIKE $100 each, but I’m willing to entertain offers. I’ll try to remember to put up pictures tonight, but I have a meeting this evening that will go late, so I can’t guarantee that I’ll put up pictures.

Hannah
      Participant

PM sent 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Rachel
        Participant

I do have a handful of inquiries. I’ll respond to each of you as soon as I can. Thanks!

I hope your dragons get the TLC they need! Sound like some nice pieces! Good Luck!

Lupuslunae
          Participant

Sorry about your ruby lap dragon, and I can totally understand missing that damage during a quickie craigslist sale/scam. I bought four emerald dragons from a lady who sounded so nice and even acted kind of awesome; we talked shop before and after the transaction. The emerald I REALLY REALLY wanted, the sitting spectral, had a sloppy repair in the back of the neck and wings where they connect, which of course I didn’t see until I got him home and got the layers of dust off him! I didn’t notice because I didn’t handle them. She took them out of the trunk of her car and showed me real quick visible damage spots, mostly small chips. Also, I so as icked out with all the dust that I was thinking it would be my biggest challenge /sigh. Lesson I learned from craigslist: hold the dragons, touch the dragons, give the dragons a fricking proctology examine if they’ll let you!

LOL @ LupusLunae! Well put!

Rachel
            Participant

Hehehe. I did learn my lesson. The sad part is that the lap was otherwise perfect with the hang tag and even the original price on the bottom (sticker from the store). Her paint is glossy and shiny and I can’t see any real dust. I got a ruby male at the same time and he’s pretty much perfect. *sigh*

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’d need to see pics before I decide. I’ve learned that some things are beyond me 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.