fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 2)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,287 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Really. These guys nearly killed me . melodramatic swoon..

Do you think this will be the last time you do a Kirin GB? I’d really love to see another someday since I won’t be able to participate in this one!

Even if they’re not as detail heavy as these guys, I’d just be happy for simple color combos like what we see in the production Kirins (i.e white mane/tail pink scales, no extras), I just love Kirins ;~;

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

Every one of these beautiful kirins looks so labor intensive.
        They are all so gorgeous and so very well done !!
        Thank you Melody; everything is so meticulously done from the sculptures to painting to perfect eye color for every sculpture.
        I cannot begin to imagine how many hours and hours and hours that go into each piece.
        Thank you for your insight and creation of every single piece!!
        You make us all so very very happy bringing your ideas from your imagination into reality for us all to enjoy so thank you so very very much !!!

Melody
        Keymaster

Really. These guys nearly killed me . melodramatic swoon..

Do you think this will be the last time you do a Kirin GB? I’d really love to see another someday since I won’t be able to participate in this one!

Even if they’re not as detail heavy as these guys, I’d just be happy for simple color combos like what we see in the production Kirins (i.e white mane/tail pink scales, no extras), I just love Kirins ;~;

Eesh. Maybe, but I don’t wanna. I really have trouble with GB kirins!

Landipan
          Participant

That’s understandable, the lil guys are the ones that fight the hardest lol. But they sure are amazing when finished!

*Formerly meowmix101

Ferlin1984
            Participant

The livestream really showed a lot of the detail of these guys. Wow!
              Just think how easy baby poads will be after these guys. What is worse, the scales on the kirins or the baby Pegasus wings ?

etruscan
              Participant

And … they’re in the store.

Lulu
                Blocked

Oh my, the price of the kirins is quite high! My daughter said she thought they might be between $100 and $150. I am wondering why they were priced higher than baby unicorns? They are so tiny and to pay that and risk not getting one you like and then having to trade would cost close to $300 after shipping and fees.

Landipan
                  Participant

Oh my, the price of the kirins is quite high! My daughter said she thought they might be between $100 and $150. I am wondering why they were priced higher than baby unicorns? They are so tiny and to pay that and risk not getting one you like and then having to trade would cost close to $300 after shipping and fees.

I believe it’s due to the detailed paint job, Melody said it took a lot of time and effort to paint these lil guys as detailed as they are because of their lil scales.

*Formerly meowmix101

Rylorien
                    Participant

I would imagine it comes down to a dollar amount per hour of work. Since the kirin babies are so small it takes that much more time to put in precise detailing without making a muddied mess of it.

It’s true that the standing baby kirin grab bags usually go for $150 but the SITTING baby kirin have a much more condensed body, which means a smaller canvas to work on, etc.

So, while the final price was a bit of a shock, it wasn’t entirely unexpected for many of us either.

Kim
                      Blocked

Now that I’ve looked through the class photos of the kirins and can appreciate the details, I feel these actually probably should have been special pieces since I just realized that is what they were priced at when I looked through the special kirins. I would have been a little more happy spending that money knowing which one I would get or being able to pick one if if was a special piece. The price point and detail of these for grab bags is honestly too much. I was so looking forward to these but would have been quite happy if they had been much simpler like the standing kirins with nice colourful bodies without much detail at maybe $150. I buy things more for the colour so I am not feeling great having to pay more for the koi details when I didn’t want a koi and now I am risking getting a koi when all I wanted was a colourful or rainbow one. Again for people who like the kois and appreciate the details, they are gorgeous but they are too pricey for most of us who buy grab bags because we generally can’t afford the special pieces. I am just not happy about the thought of paying that much to risk getting a kirin I wouldn’t want. When I compare the size and detail to other pieces I don’t actually see why they would cost more than young poads, baby unis, mini keepers or pegasi as grab bags that also had a lot of detail.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                        Participant

They are precious no doubt but I want a GB Baby Pegasus myself.I still need to get the little standing kirin in original brown for the family first.I bet Ms.Melody’s hand hurt from holding these tiny things.Good job!

Every act matters.No matter how smallđź’ž
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Natasha
                          Participant

Now that I’ve looked through the class photos of the kirins and can appreciate the details, I feel these actually probably should have been special pieces since I just realized that is what they were priced at when I looked through the special kirins. I would have been a little more happy spending that money knowing which one I would get or being able to pick one if if was a special piece. The price point and detail of these for grab bags is honestly too much. I was so looking forward to these but would have been quite happy if they had been much simpler like the standing kirins with nice colourful bodies without much detail at maybe $150. I buy things more for the colour so I am not feeling great having to pay more for the koi details when I didn’t want a koi and now I am risking getting a koi when all I wanted was a colourful or rainbow one. Again for people who like the kois and appreciate the details, they are gorgeous but they are too pricey for most of us who buy grab bags because we generally can’t afford the special pieces. I am just not happy about the thought of paying that much to risk getting a kirin I wouldn’t want. When I compare the size and detail to other pieces I don’t actually see why they would cost more than young poads, baby unis, mini keepers or pegasi as grab bags that also had a lot of detail.

They will probably be able to cancel your order and refund you since it sounds like you’ve changed your mind. I doubt yours has shipped – I ordered mine right away and haven’t received a shipping notification yet.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Mary
                            Participant

I would imagine it comes down to a dollar amount per hour of work. Since the kirin babies are so small it takes that much more time to put in precise detailing without making a muddied mess of it.

It’s true that the standing baby kirin grab bags usually go for $150 but the SITTING baby kirin have a much more condensed body, which means a smaller canvas to work on, etc.

So, while the final price was a bit of a shock, it wasn’t entirely unexpected for many of us either.

Totally agree, Ryl! I can’t imagine having the patience to paint all the scales & detail on such a tiny piece. I’m sure the time factor for such precise detailing was the factor in the pricing.

And, like most Windstone GB’s, they always look much better when you see them in person, than in class photos. There wasn’t many that I wouldn’t mind getting, but I usually don’t have much luck with GB’s, so I’m hoping to not get one of the few that I don’t like.

Good luck to all

Kim
                              Blocked

I didn’t want to cancel mine, just had some concerns. I talked to Susie and decided I will take my chances and just hope I either get one I like or can trade or re-sell if I don’t. Looks like mine will ship Mon. Susie said.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Matty
                                Participant

I ordered a Kirin as soon as I could and I am now awaiting for my little guy to arrive in the mail!
                                  I don’t mean to sound like a grump on here, but I am a bit confused about some of the frustration of the pricing of the Kirins. While some think that their price is high, I think it is fair to remember that these are one of a kind, hand painted pieces of art from an artist. I couldn’t imagine going in to art store and telling the dealer that a one of kind, original hand painted picture be to pricey, and suggest that the artist paint a few simple lines instead of a detailed landscape so I could have it a price that worked for me.

I hope that people realize how much time, care and attention it has taken by Melody to paint each piece. I understand that some want more affordable pieces, but again these are original art pieces, not massed produced collectibles made in a factory. To be honest I sometimes think Melody sells some of her Grab bags at a lower price than she should. Look at the amazing detail of the Silhouette Poads that came out last Fall. I think they could have listed higher.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,287 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.