fbpx

So there are Rainbow Tiger Stripe Bantam Dragons now?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So there are Rainbow Tiger Stripe Bantam Dragons now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Courtney
    Participant

I just saw these on the clone page.

If I would have known these were an option I would have pledged for an extra Bantam.

Are we going to be given the option to add a Bantam to our pledge now that this extremely desirable option has been introduced post-Kickstarter?

I really want one and feel kinda hornswaggled that these were just now added.

View post on imgur.com

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Courtney
      Participant

I wouldn’t even need to pick a specific one. I would be happy with a mystery rainbow tiger. 💴 💵 💰

Maybe a post Kickstarter add-on. 🙏🙏

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Very Pretty! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

VS
          Participant

It might be a good idea for Melody to do a grab bag bantam rainbow fantasy tiger lot after the Kickstarter so anyone who wants them or something special can get them after. Otherwise this whole “I now like this one instead” issue that keeps coming up (and started with the original tiger one) will never end. Gotta draw a line somewhere after all. Just a thought.

etruscan
            Participant

Yep – I think that you can message Melody and ask to get one. Based on the discussion in the Bantam Dragon Kickstarter thread (under “Announcements”) I’m sure that people have been choosing them.

It wouldn’t hurt to ask Melody what your options are.

Courtney
              Participant

I’ll message Melody on Kickstarter to see if she can make an exception.

There is a big difference between asking and receiving clones after the Kickstarter and making a completely new item after the Kickstarter has concluded.

I hope I can get one 💫

Melody
                Keymaster

I just saw these on the clone page.

If I would have known these were an option I would have pledged for an extra Bantam.

Are we going to be given the option to add a Bantam to our pledge now that this extremely desirable option has been introduced post-Kickstarter?

I really want one and feel kinda hornswaggled that these were just now added.

View post on imgur.com

These were the two that didn’t sell from the original batch! So I put stripes on them. They got claimed immediately. Ok, sure, if any backer wants a mystery rainbow tiger, let me know through the Kickstarter message thing and I’ll paint a batch of them.
                  You can’t add $ to your pledge now but if you Email susie@windstoneeditions.com she will send you a Paypal invoice.

Courtney
                  Participant

Melody you are a genius.

I didn’t even recognize that those ones were the orphan ones from earlier.

It’s like you have a magic wand.

I will do that!!!

Thank you 🙏

Melody
                    Keymaster

Or would you rather I do a regular grabbag batch? Then you won’t need to use the stupid Kickstarter message thing.

tig3r06
                      Participant

It might be a good idea for Melody to do a grab bag bantam rainbow fantasy tiger lot after the Kickstarter so anyone who wants them or something special can get them after. Otherwise this whole “I now like this one instead” issue that keeps coming up (and started with the original tiger one) will never end. Gotta draw a line somewhere after all. Just a thought.

I don’t see where it started with the original tiger. The kickstarter was active and you could still choose. She made clones of the original tiger during the kickstarter when she saw the demand. I feel the original issue was the messaging system breaking and backers not getting to pick in the order they should based on their backer number.

VS
                        Participant

It started with there being just one tiger, then like you said a lot of people said they’d love the tiger before the Kickstarter started. So she made extra so multiple people could get one. But I was an early backer, and I actually asked for one (I got my second choice which I’m actually happier with now), so I know ALL the tigers were chosen by the first 20 people, which means multiple people chose to take multiple tigers rather than just the one just because suddenly they had a better choice than their first choice. And because of the message issue they couldn’t tell who asked for what first so using a first come first served idea was a mess and possibly impossible to be fully correct. So Melody made more options again to try to be fair. They aren’t exact copies because none of these were supposed to be to start with, so some didn’t like the new variation or loved a different variation more than their first choice and picked that instead, tangling orders for them up even more. And now when she changed up the 2 that absolutely nobody wanted into tigers too (admit it, stripes are good on anything of hers and very popular so a smart move to sell them), suddenly lots of people want the same thing instead of their original choices.

So yeah, started with the tiger starting duplicates.

I think at this point it’d be both fair and a good way to open the choices to non Kickstarters as well to stop adding to the Kickstarter and just do grab bags. Payment then goes through normal methods (it has to for add ons anyway), people can save up further money if they want one with less rush, people who missed Kickstarter can get in on it too, and since its random people have to accept what they get. One of rainbow tigers, and one of either leftovers or just some fun color schemes Melody and her team feels like making, which opens options of both a unique piece yet something anyone would love to everyone who wants it. And no more competing, or feeling like someone else got what you wanted instead.

tig3r06
                          Participant

I was backer 30 and I only backed because of the tiger, and ended up getting a 33 and 83 too cuz I couldn’t just have one of the sculpt. I definitely know how tigers are popular, I collect tan tigers and green/yellow fantasy tigers. I did not get a tiger first round either. People who were 50 and after were posting they claimed and one of them did claim a tiger so I get it and it was very frustrating, I was very upset. But it wasn’t the tigers that caused the issue. It was people getting to pick when it wasn’t their turn. The rule of picking an ooak then turned into picking/getting clones because the messaging system messed up and that went for all the numbers, not just the tigers. For example, Natasha didn’t want a tiger, I believe she was backer #3 and she didn’t get any of her top picks either because people went before her that shouldn’t have.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Seems simpler to either do what melody did for the sand bantams and if someone wants a random rainbow tiger they can add it like the sands were added, or just to a normal grab bag after the kickstarter.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Courtney
                              Participant

Melody you can run it as a “hybrid grab bag” if you don’t want to use the dumb Kickstarter messaging system.

I’m sure a bunch of us have emailed Susie already but I’m also sure if you paint extra rainbow tiger ones and release it as a Windstone Editions store grab bag they would be snapped up immediately.

Maybe paint a healthy batch, fulfill the Susie email ones, then release the leftovers into the store as a Bantam Fantasy Tiger Grab Bag.

Susie
                                Keymaster

We’re just doing them as an add on “Mystery Dragon in Rainbow Tiger” for $240 to your kickstarter pledge. Please provide me with your Kickstarter backer number when you ask us to add one on and paypal you for it. Even if you told me your number yesterday I may not know it and its WAY faster to have you tell me what your backer number is than it is for me to dig it out. Email us – either me or Melody – much better than Kickstarter messaging. service@windstoneeditions.com

(and FYI, Melody is still the only person to talk to about the color you’ve chosen for “Choose Your Own” Bantams – reptangle@gmail.com)

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.