fbpx

S'mores the wolf, Koi-rin and Ice Chocolate

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone S'mores the wolf, Koi-rin and Ice Chocolate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Windswept
    Participant

I haven’t posted these yet, though they’ve been in the gallery for a few days now. Sorry! I’ve been so busy with college. S’mores and Ice Chocolate will be on sale at an art fair this friday, but if they don’t sell they’re gonna go to ebay mid-december.

EDIT: They’re on ebay now! SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6240

S’mores. Lightly based on merle markings-

Ice Chocolate (photo’d with his concept art). Hard to see, but he has gold interference lining his scales, which makes a great fish effect-

Last but not least, my Koi-rin. I’m actually really sad because the sealing spray I was using screwed up and completely covered his display side in white powder. πŸ˜₯ After a lot of saving attempts he doesn’t look too bad, but I think his non-display side ended up a lot more striking because it didn’t suffer a blast of death.
      (face is blurry because I wanted to get serious camera focus on his scales)

And the side he’ll be displaying on with my other windstones-

Windswept
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

I saw them in the gallery. That koi is seriously neat!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

oh wow. your pyo’s always grab my attention. that koi-rin is just stunning!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Beautiful work!

twindragonsmum

tdm

lamortefille
              Participant

They are all veeery pretty! πŸ˜€

Megan
                Participant

I love S’mores πŸ˜€ He/she is spot on, just like a warm, gooey, just-out-of-the-fire s’more.

Maria
                  Participant

I saw those in the gallery. I really like the Ice Chocolate color scheme.

siberakh1
                    Participant

That koi is awesome! I like the others too, but I especially like that koi!

Lokie
                      Participant

I really like the wolf! Very interesting looking πŸ™‚

Travistie
                        Participant

All very nice. πŸ˜€ But, I love the Ice Chocolate one!

I like them all, they are so neat. Funny, I like the powdery side of the koi better. My favorite is the wolf.

Jodi
                          Participant

I like all three of them for completely different reasons. They’re beautiful!

Heather
                            Participant

The coat patterning on S’mores is really creative and quite believable; I love the way you carried it from the face through the main body of the wing and down onto the haunch. Ice Chocolate has some fantastic blending and the blues and browns compliment each other very well. I love his little brow-spots. Your little Koi-rin, though, is stunning! The patterning on the scales is just plain delightful, the way you varied the size and shape of the black chevrons and brought the cream in and out. I think I can see where the white spattering is that you talked about, but from a photographic standpoint it doesn’t look bad. If it’s a three-dimensional spatter, then I can sure understand where it might drive you bananas. πŸ™ But he’s a great piece even with that glitch. I hope you paint more like him! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                              Participant

I love the side scales on chocolate!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.