fbpx

Smoothies

Home Forums Miscellany Food Smoothies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I tried something last week and could kick my butt for not trying this sooner.A can of fruit cocktail,frozen,1/4 banana.Freeze fruit,add to blender,quarter banana,add and blend.YUM!!!
      Share some of your recipes.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

merrillannwhite
      Participant

Do you put ice in the blender also, or just frozen fruit?

Bodine
        Participant

Just the fruit.

Kim
          Blocked

I love smoothies! I have lots that I like to make. I worked at a smoothie shop years ago and the way they made theirs were a couple cups of frozen fruit, a cup of juice, a scoop of ice, a scoop of yogurt and any additives like protein powder or vitamins. When I make smoothies I don’t usually add ice or yogurt but I usually use frozen fruit, a fresh or frozen banana, juice, chia seeds, hemp hearts and sometimes nuts, seeds, green powder or protein powder. If I make a green smoothie I add a leaf or two of kale or a handful of spinach and I usually use frozen berries or tropical fruit and banana as well so I don’t taste the greens. Some people I know use almond or coconut milk instead of juice if they want it creamier.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
            Participant

Thanks Kim🤗

picklesoap8
              Participant

My go to smoothie is 1 banana, 8-10 strawberries & 1 cup of orange juice all whirled up together. It makes 2. They taste so yummy. Sometimes I add yogurt depending on my mood which stretches it even more.

Bodine
                Participant

Refreshing aren’t they.Being good for the body is a big plus! I love sugary drinks,no diet stuff in anything for this girl.Hate the aftertaste.so,had to find a healthy alternative which I should have started years ago.My belly getting old too.🙃

etruscan
                  Participant

LOL – am I the only person who can’t get past the name? “Smoothie” just sounds so dumb (in my opinion).
                    Also, I prefer to eat fruit rather than drink it, so I’m probably prejudiced against smoothies because of that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.