fbpx

Small Spirit Wolf restock?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Small Spirit Wolf restock?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DoctorRainKing
    Participant

Hello all! My sincerest apologies if this is the wrong place for this question. Many, many years ago I bought a Windstone Editions small spirit wolf statue at a local shop. Loved the little guy and he became a travelling companion of mine. Took him everywhere as a sort of travel totem/good-luck charm. A few years back my cat knocked him off a shelf and his face got more than a little busted up. I still have him and am seeking to replace him. I haven’t been actively pursuing the replacement, evidenced by the fact that it took me this long to find this online store/community. Regardless, I see that the item is currently out-of-stock and I did select to be added to the mailing list when it returns. I’m curious about how long it usually takes for an item, particularly one as old as the Spirit Wolf statue, to return to availability. Can someone share a rough ballpark on how long things like this are unavailable? Now that I know I can replace him, I am rather excited to do so as soon as possible.

Thank you for any information and insight that anyone can offer.

pipsxlch
      Participant

Welcome Dr!
        The spirit wolf isn’t indicated as retired, so theoretically they could make/release more anytime. In practice, the less popular pieces are unlikely to be made anytime soon, as the factory deals with the staffing issues all businesses seem to be facing. I could be wrong, they may be on the rack drying now, or being considered for a grab bag- but it will probably be a wait.
        Have you considered having your current wolf repaired, since you still have it and it has sentimental value? There are several very talented repairpeople on the forum, who can even repair/resculpt amputations like your wolf’s face.

DoctorRainKing
        Participant

Pipsxlch,
          Thank you for the reply! Good to hear a restock may happen. I can wait for the when.

As to repair, I didn’t think that was possible!! It does have sentimental value and I honestly have struggled a bit with the idea of replacing him. I don’t have time right now but I will poke around the forum and see if I can find such forum threads. If you have some links ready to hand, or places to look I would appreciate it. I assume pics of my poor damaged boy would be necessary so I’ll take some soon.

Thank you again for the info!

merrillannwhite
          Participant

I think there is a list of people offering repair services on here somewhere. I know Drag0nfeathers is excellent and has lots of experience with the stone texture. One of her cats likes to eat the faces off of her dragon bookends so she has repaired them multiple times. She fixed a totally smashed piece for me (knocked off a mantle onto a slate hearth) and it looks good as new. She is the only one I have direct experience with, but I think any of the folks offering repair services will do a good job. Thereā€™s a lot of artistic types on this forum.

etruscan
            Participant

I agree with Merrill Ann – Drag0nfeathers is excellent at repair work! She is also very helpful with “Do-It-Yourself” advice.
              It looks as though she is accepting repair jobs so you could get on the list, though you might have to wait until she got to your wolf.

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/drag0nfeathers/

DoctorRainKing
              Participant

Thank you both for the recommendation. I found Drag0nfeathers in the repair forum and saw some of their work. Beautiful stuff! Gives me hope! The thread I was on had been last posted to two years ago so I sent them a DM asking if they were taking repair jobs. Hope to hear back soon.

Thanks again for the replies!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

As a another option – I saw a Small Spirit Wolf on eBay.
                  Here’s the link if you are interested in looking it up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295140087516?hash=item44b7b856dc:g:4eIAAOSwzwFi04qc

Disclaimer: This is not my auction

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I agree with Merrill Ann – Drag0nfeathers is excellent at repair work! She is also very helpful with “Do-It-Yourself” advice.
                    It looks as though she is accepting repair jobs so you could get on the list, though you might have to wait until she got to your wolf.

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/drag0nfeathers/

As always thanks for the plug merrillann and etruscan <3

I help moderate the Facebook group and it takes a lot of my time up so I don’t pop in here as often as I should

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Susie
                    Keymaster

I’m sorry I didn’t see this question until now, however I do have an answer to the original question about how long it might be until we restock the Small Winged Spirit Wolf – We don’t know! For the past couple of years we have put all of the stone colored items (gargoyles and candlelamps) on the back burner due to the fact that we have a very small crew and simply cannot make everything all at once. The stone color on these pieces is achieved in a different way from our other more colorful pieces (and different from the “Stone” colored dragon too) and it has been more efficient for us not to make them while we are short handed. It may be hard to believe, but that stone color is hard to paint! We have not retired them, however we don’t have a time frame for when we might make them again. I do not think it will be this year (2022). I extend our apologies to those who are waiting for them.

DoctorRainKing
                      Participant

Old thread but I wanted to return to thank you all for your repair suggestions. I did send him to Drag0nfeathers and just got him back yesterday and he is beautiful! He looks brand new and I couldn’t be happier. I will be posting before and after photos in Drag0nfeathers repair thread in the forum if you’re curious. Thank you again! A pleasant and unexpected turn of events for my long time little buddy.

DoctorRainKing
                        Participant

It is the way of forums like these that we never see the responses in a timely manner. Evidenced by the fact that I just saw this reply, haha. My apologies. Thank you for the response. As you can see by recent post, my little buddy got sorted. Thank you again!

DoctorRainKing
                          Participant

I’m sorry I didn’t see this question until now, however I do have an answer to the original question about how long it might be until we restock the Small Winged Spirit Wolf – We don’t know! For the past couple of years we have put all of the stone colored items (gargoyles and candlelamps) on the back burner due to the fact that we have a very small crew and simply cannot make everything all at once. The stone color on these pieces is achieved in a different way from our other more colorful pieces (and different from the “Stone” colored dragon too) and it has been more efficient for us not to make them while we are short handed. It may be hard to believe, but that stone color is hard to paint! We have not retired them, however we don’t have a time frame for when we might make them again. I do not think it will be this year (2022). I extend our apologies to those who are waiting for them.

It is the way of forums like these that we never see the responses in a timely manner. Evidenced by the fact that I just saw this reply, haha. My apologies. Thank you for the response. As you can see by recent post, my little buddy got sorted. Thank you again!

Edit: apologies for the double post. I neglected to quote Susie in my original reply and couldn’t figure out how to delete that post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.