fbpx

Sitting Here. Waiting….

Home Forums Miscellany Community Sitting Here. Waiting….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

:tired: For my cable box to get uploaded. I wanted to end this day by watching TV and maybe ordering a movie like Tron–The Legacy. Well I tried watching some trailers but I kept getting an error message. So I called Comcast and they did some mumbo-jumbo with my convertor box and now I has to wait 20 minutes before I can get On-Demand. For some reason, my convertor box didn’t upload some updates that Comcast sent to it. Story of my life–I don’t want much in life, just for the things I have to work.

Now I’m getting sleepy and probably won’t be ordering any movies tonight. I did see a short trailer on Rio–I liked it because it was about birds. Just about anything with feathers I’m happy with–loved Guardians of Ga’Hoole.

I know there’s a thread for classic movies–love them too! I agree–the Gene Kelly musicals–Singing In the Rain comes to mind. That was my husband’s favorite.

Okay, I’ve rambled enough about nothing. Ever get one of those nights where your brain is fried and you just ramble about anything? Hey, did I ever tell you guys about ramble, ramble, ramble, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :tired:

Stephanie
      Participant

Aww, sorry to hear it!

Yeah, I have nights like that all the time.

I despise Comcast. They have the worst costumer service I have ever had the displeasure of using. Do you read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? In one of the books a character is having trouble with the cable company and everybody refers to them as “those f$@*errs” I swear the author had a problem with Comcast and worked out her frustration by writing some hysterical scenes in the book.

I got to see Rio in 3D. It was great! The animation is wonderful and very colorful although I am not sure they were accurate about all the species of birds found in Rio. They may have been but I thought a couple of the birds were not native to South America. Maybe if Jennifer or another member of the forum who know about birds sees it they could let us know. It is a good movie – I just wonder about the details sometimes. (for instance a lot of movies set in Africa have South American monkeys – drives me nuts!)

Hope you got to see your movie. I watched the Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert tonight off of On Demand. I was in the mood for a musical. It just started on Broadway but $2.99 to watch the movie was a lot cheaper than a ticket to see the play!

Tethra
        Participant

I saw Rio as well and I relly enjoyed it. You are right about that fact that some of the birds aren’t native to South America. The cockatoo is native to Australia (I have heaps of them around here and they are LOUD). I was wondering why they used an Aussie bird in a movie set in South America! Oh well! It was still really good!

LadyFirebird
          Participant

I plan on seeing Rio in the theater when my finals are all done–figured it would be a good way to celebrate the end of another semester.

I did rent Tron Legacy last night and it was cool! I have an entertainment system and I could feel the floor rumble in some parts–didn’t have it up that loud either. I’d love to get this in 3D.

To DDVM on Comcast–I find mixed reviews on them. Where I’m located, their signal comes in very good–no problems with reception and my internet is great. From time to time I do come across a glitch and they have been able to take care of it. The office for them is about 3 miles away from me.

From others who live in other parts of the city–it’s a different story. Not so good reception and internet is spotty. So I guess it all depends where you live. Strange because this all comes over a cable but I’ve heard some areas have great reception and others crappy.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

BOO to Comcast! I loved them until last month. Woke up one morning and my TV was all static-y!

We had a package for their BLAST high speed internet and basic cable. Well come to find out, last month, Texas went through this “Digital Migration” and everything got switched over to digital. Apparantly we had been getting an upgraded cable package….it seemed pretty basic to me-Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, Food Network, ABC-all the good stuff (minus Cartoon Network! Grr.) ………soooo when this “Digital Migration” happened, we lost all our channels.

Comcast argues that we still have 20 channels….but 5 of them are Mexican stations, 1 is a low budget, low quality station out of the local high school-so that leaves 14 channels, none of which are anything good-all news and weather. (or so it seems).

Was/am paying $40 per month for cable and internet, which is a fantastic deal-but now that they’ve cut our cable, its pretty lame. They don’t have anything in between $40 and $100…for $100 we could get our former cable lineup back.
              *still irritated about it*

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Come on guys, it’s COMCASTIC!!! ROFL!!!

I have comcast and I can’t stand it! I’m thinking of going Fios soon. If my cable is not screwed up, my DVR has spontaniously erased my saved programs or my internet is on the fritz, it’s ALWAYS something!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.