Silver/Gold highlights

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Silver/Gold highlights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SilverDragon
    Participant

Hi Mrs. Melody!!

For the silver and gold highlights that are done on the dragon statues, if you don’t mind me asking but what type of paint is used for that. I’ve been trying to find a good metallic paint that doesn’t require so many layers. Thank you!

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
      Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Mika
      Participant

Accents are made using Decocolor paint pens. If they still do it you contact Windstone staff to get an almost-used-up pen, but they’re available at craft stores if you’d rather have a brand new one.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Generally the ones from Windstone (almost used up) should be reserved if you just need a tiny bit to do a repair or touch up. If you need enough to do a few PYOs, etc, it’s probably best to buy one. Decocolor paint pens in any metallic color you prefer are the way to go. The large chisel tip is what you want, even though it seems you’d want a fine point. The wide calligraphy or chisel tip works perfectly on the raised bumps on the statues to accent them. I have also used the Krylon brand metallic paint pens in the past and they also work well.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

SilverDragon
          Participant

Awesome!! Thank you Mika and Jennifer!

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
            Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.