fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

I am in LOVE with that Unicorn! Beautiful work! (great salvage, too!) 😀

And lovely shading on the wolf as well. 🙂

siberakh1
      Participant

*Abalone Kirin*

This was an idea I kind of wanted to try.

He was inspired by an abalone piece held by my Mint Garden dragon (by Koishii). I didn’t use the stone as a guide per say, but more of just an inspiration. Abalone has all these neat colors and many pieces have these lines throughout them that aren’t necessarily neat, so I didn’t try to make them straight or completely clean because of this observation. I bought a few colors of Liquitex specifically for this guy (and the two colors, Turquoise Deep and Transparent Viridian Hue, were begging me to buy them, they’re just so cool looking!). I did a wash of black paint over him first and wiped it away (ala Koishii) to give his scales an underlying effect of the back of an abalone shell, where you might see it poking through where the inside colorful coating is thin. I finished off the scales with some iridescent pearl-ex powders. His fur is a deep chocolate brown, with ivory black antiquing. I added some highlights of blue, green and blue-green interference, with a touch of interference purple on the back of his “mane”. His markings are in parchment. I added some antiquing to his ears in a way that almost looks like little dotted markings, to make them almost look ‘finny’, like the ends of fine fins on some fish, if that makes any sense! He is sealed with matte, with a single, light coat of gloss krylon at a distance to make him a little shiny, like he belongs in the ocean, with a brush on gloss sealant for his scales. His hooves are from a silver leaf paint pen.

Inspiration piece of abalone and early (in progress pics) with Koishii’s “Mint Garden” dragon.

The completed Kirin.

He didn’t turn out quite how I envisioned him, so he will be for sale. I think I prefer more of a rich green or blue combo without the other colors as much on the scales, and probably without the lines. I think I want to do a more reddish brown fur color as well He was lots of fun to do though and I got to play with a new technique or two.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Oh wow! All three of those are stunning.

Adaneth
          Participant

That ki-rin is quite cute, and I hope you try the ‘abolone’ idea again! 🙂

Mmloda
            Participant

That ki rin is quite cute but i am not sure about the lines…he almost doesn’t look finished with them on the scales but the colors on the scales I do like… 🙂

Marzena

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I think they ALL came out beautiful! I specially LOVE that Unicorn though!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
                Participant

They’re all great!

I like the unicorn the best. I hear you about sealing black… EVERYTHING shows on black!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stephanie
                  Participant

Wonderful job! I love all of them. 😀

siberakh1
                    Participant

mmloda wrote:

That ki rin is quite cute but i am not sure about the lines…he almost doesn’t look finished with them on the scales but the colors on the scales I do like… 🙂

That’s why I’m going to be selling him. He turned out nicely, but the lines just bug me, so I’ll do another one more to my liking. I was trying to be true to the abalone pictures I was seeing, but I think any others I’d do would be without the lines, unless someone specifically requested them.

Adaneth wrote:

That ki-rin is quite cute, and I hope you try the ‘abolone’ idea again! 🙂

Yes, I will be, only minus the lines, and more of just the blues and greens, with a more russet brown for the fur. 🙂

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I think they ALL came out beautiful! I specially LOVE that Unicorn though!

dragonmedley wrote:

They’re all great!

I like the unicorn the best. I hear you about sealing black… EVERYTHING shows on black!
                      Yeah! EVERYTHING shows up! I kept having to re-touch up between coats to make sure I got everything covered! I’ve got a brown eyed unicorn on hand that I’m tempted to do the same color pattern with, but with a cream white body, to make him look like Ponyta & Rapidash from Pokemon! He wasn’t hard to do actually, just a little bit time consuming, since I masked off the mane and tail to airbrush him (cleaning off all the masking fluid was fun *cough*), and then trying to seal him and make his body not have stray dust show up in the clearcoat. I’m definitely not against doing another one of this guy, or variations on him. I think it would be a lovely production color for unicorns. 🙂

I picture for you non-pokemon people: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/078.shtml for Rapidash, and a picture of Ponyta in the middle (what evolves into Rapidash). Rapidash has red eyes and a horn. Ponyta is like a baby Rapidash. 🙂

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

Wow – all three of those guys are awesome. I love them all 😀 !

Beautiful work!

Soooo…That is the name of those big old shells I got from Gramma were! I like the Ki-Rin! 😀

Lokie
                        Participant

He’s pretty; I like the white going up the head 🙂

siberakh1
                          Participant

*Ruby* PYO Husky

This is a PYO winged wolf I’ve done to look like a copper Husky. I’ve affectionately been calling it ‘Ruby’ in my mind the last 2 days. The eyes are blue, though they are still covered up with masking fluid. Other than one tiny little spot that I noticed that I really want to fix and will take all of a minute, unless I add interference to her, another shot or two of sealant and she is done and will be up for sale (probably tomorrow). I just can’t decide whether to add some touches of red/violet interference to her feather tips (back side of her wings) and maybe on her fur, or just to leave her natural with no interference. I’m so indecisive sometimes. 😳

What do you think?

Mmloda
                            Participant

I love the wolf…the wings are awsome.. 😉 and the fur looks really good on him.. 🙂

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 238 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.