fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

That’s for sure. You’re great with dappling!

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Do you have a tutorial anywhere for dappling? That’s a technique I’d like try, but I’ve no idea how to go about doing it 🙄 😀 😀

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Jasmine
        Participant

Wow, I’m in love. Will have to get one from you in the new year.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Wow!!! She’s lovely siberkh!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Sooo beautiful 😮 ! I love her. You did an awesome job painting this one. I like that she’s a little darker than the first, as well 😉 .

siberakh1
              Participant

Thanks for the compliments everyone! They mean a lot. :}

No, I haven’t got a tutorial for the dappling. I simply asked Lady Brooklyn for some advise and ran with it. 🙂 If I get a free minute, I’ll try and put one together if you’d like. I’m not really an expert on it (I’ve only done 2 of anything with pastels. both happened to have dappling), but I can put down the technique I use at least.

She makes her way to the Post tomorrow or Monday.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

yes, please and thankies!

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! They mean a lot. :}

No, I haven’t got a tutorial for the dappling. I simply asked Lady Brooklyn for some advise and ran with it. 🙂 If I get a free minute, I’ll try and put one together if you’d like. I’m not really an expert on it (I’ve only done 2 of anything with pastels. both happened to have dappling), but I can put down the technique I use at least.

She makes her way to the Post tomorrow or Monday.

That would be awesome! I really want to try my hand a painting a dapple grey, or even a roan uni. The thought of painting al those dapples is quite daunting. It will be cool if I have an idea on how to do it 😀 . The idea of using pastles on PYOs interests me quite a bit as well….

Lokie
                    Participant

It’s really nice 🙂

She finally arrived in the mail a few days ago!!! I was trying to let you know she showed up okay but the forum was down!! I love her!!! she looks like she was done by staff at Windstone so professional!!!!

siberakh1
                      Participant

pixiekissed wrote:

She finally arrived in the mail a few days ago!!! I was trying to let you know she showed up okay but the forum was down!! I love her!!! she looks like she was done by staff at Windstone so professional!!!!

Hurray! I’m glad she got there safely and that you like her so much! Wow! Thank you so much for the compliment! 😳

You are a wiz with dapples! Those Uni’s are spectacular! 🙂

siberakh1
                        Participant

*Nightmare Unicorn*
                          This one is based off of the old 4th Edition Magic the Gathering card. His body is actually a charcoal like color (almost a warm black), and his mane/tail/feathers are done almost exclusively with Indian Yellow Hue and Red Oxide (with a tiny bit of parchment to lighten the yellow and a tiny bit of Cadmium Red Medium Hue for a few highlights. He only lacks some firey orange stones for his mane and tail. I bought the marbles specifically to put around this guy. I coated him in a matte, but added a brush on gloss finish over his firey bits. I’m very happy with how he turned out (and boy is black a hard color to seal without little dust particles showing up!).

This one started out as a dapple gray for a commission that was cancelled after working on it for a good while to make it work, due to a request for a specific brand of pastels that just didn’t work right, but were expensive. Rather than just chuck him and be out the cost of pastels and a blank sculpt, I airbrushed the body coat and made him salvageable. I just used the eyes from the uni I had ordered with red eyes and gave him a new life. You’d never guess he was originally a dapple gray or a mistake now!

lamortefille
                          Participant

Very very cool!

siberakh1
                            Participant

*Amber Wolf*
                              This is a commission wolf I did for RiDuvessa. She is currently away at the moment, so I hope she likes him (she hasn’t seen him yet)! She requested a wolf that looked like Amber with green eyes and had sent me a picture of a necklace of strung pieces of amber. I had some amber chips of my own and used those as my guide and, besides the color, tried to make him as natural looking as possible. This guy is really warm looking! He has some light metallic copper edging his dark feathers and I added some orange interference onto the markings on the underside of his wings. I was going to try to make a copper wire necklace and add a green amber to the center for him to wear, or to take off as RiDuvessa saw fit, but I have found that it is not as easy as I thought to wrap wire into curls how I want them (then again, I don’t have the proper jewelry tools either), but luckily, I think his eyes suit him just fine and really pop against his coat! Again, I used layers of Indian Yellow Hue, along with some russety browns and parchment. He is finished in a matte krylon, with a very distant, thin layer of semi-gloss over to give just enough of a glisten to his coat, since he is supposed to resemble a stone and I didn’t want him to look too dull or full out glossy. I added a brush on sealant of gloss to his nose to give it that nice wet look.

He wanted to play with the shiny marbles too!

With a stash of Amber pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 238 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.