fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Second, this is the “Tiger Kirin # 1” I did for the Spring 2011 PYO swap for mmloda. There is orange interference brushed on him as well and a lot more depth than I could completely capture in the photos, though I tried! I tried to get the effect that living cats have with that glowing sheen on their well kept coats. 🙂
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket

With the setting sun… The interference really gets picked up a bit more on the orange fur. No interference on the white. That’s just the sunset!

Photobucket

siberakh1
      Participant

Ok, so I guess I am behind in updating this thread. So, here we go!

First is “Autumn Fern #2” Keeper, which I sold on ebay.
        Photobucket

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Wow! I can’t believe I missed all of these beautiful creatures. I love absolutely your work :love: .

Stephanie
          Participant

Absolutely stunning!

Kelly
            Participant

Holy crap! They are great, I love how the sunlight pops them to life. You did an amazing job on them I’m sure you see the result was worth the wait not to mention the fun you must have had painting them. :bigsmile: I’m anxious to see the ones you still have stowed away and are finishing up.

dragonmedley
              Participant

I love the tiger Kirin and that green keeper is just striking!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Amanda
                Participant

Dang!! I can’t decide which one of them I love the most!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

AMAZING!!! They are all so beautiful!! I love the Kirin and the Keepers are both so detailed!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Adaneth
                    Participant

Beautiful work on that swallow griffin, and I love that tiger kirin! Thanks for sharing; I’m looking forward to seeing the rest. 🙂

Mmloda
                      Participant

:bigsmile: I LOVE my TIGER KI RIN! He is absolutly STUNNING in person! and that griffin you painted I love the soft leaf shape on his side on tyhe leg! It’s very unique! 😉
                        I also really like the keeper! 😉
                        Can”t wait to see your new keeper!

Marzena

Misty
                        Participant

Very nice! That last keeper blends almost perfectly with your grass 😀

Thanks everyone! 😀 It rained yesterday, so nothing then. It is nice and sunny today though, so I’m off to take advantage of it and get a few more layers taken care of today on the uni.

Dragon87 wrote:

With pastels, can you spray a topcoat on after? Or do you just have to never touch the thing because pastels come off if you breathe on them wrong?

YES! You actually spray a clearcoat over EVERY layer of pastels. In the pictures, I have 9 layers of pastels and dappling applied. I sprayed after each layer. If you don’t, the layers would just mush together and not be very effective. It also allows you to handle the piece afterward. It just takes time to allow each coat to dry (at least 20-30 minutes). I’ve been trying to take advantage of the decent weather recently (since you can’t spray when it is too humid or wet out either – too much moisture). It’s not a method I can use too effectively in the winter here, for lack of a warm enough place to spray.

Do you use a “workable” spray fixitive or a “non-workable” spray. Like i guess im asking what kind of spray you use.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Some pieces are just worth the wait! This is gorgeous! I love the subtle shading and the unusual color. Beautiful Job! My Keeper is still waiting to be finished for 2 years or so, I do understand that sometimes it is hard to make the final decision.

Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.