fbpx

Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Siberakh1's PYOs – 4 new pieces added 7/26 pg 5!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Autumn is so pretty!

machineguts
      Participant

That Keeper is looking fantastic!

Anonymous

WOW!!! 😮 Just Beautiful! I like how you blended the colors!

machineguts
          Participant

Oh and I LOVE “Autumn” too! I mentioned it in the other thread, but yes that piece is just stunning!

Lokie
            Participant

The keeper is coming along so nicely and the side scales on the kirin look beautiful 🙂 Did you have a problem with wandering pearl-ex powders, or did they stay exclusively where you brushed them and didn’t trying to migrate to other areas (hope that makes sense)?

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

OOOH WOW
                i really adore both the kirin and the keeper!! 😀 😀

siberakh1
                Participant

Thanks everyone. 🙂

Lokie wrote:

The keeper is coming along so nicely and the side scales on the kirin look beautiful 🙂 Did you have a problem with wandering pearl-ex powders, or did they stay exclusively where you brushed them and didn’t trying to migrate to other areas (hope that makes sense)?

Yeah, there was a little bit of wandering of the powders. You either need to paint after the powders or mask off for a perfect cut off line. I’ll be doing another one for myself with brown eyes probably (though the orange eyes staring at me for a week on the table completed did really start to grow on me). I didn’t try for a perfect line on the side, as I wanted the colors to blend there, but I tried as much as possible to keep the stomach clean. I didn’t mask off the stomach, but I did manage to keep it pretty clean, since there is that gap between the sides and stomach. I also kept a spare stiff brush handy, so I could brush away too much excess from what was applied, which did help. Doing this method in the winter is going to be all sorts of fun with the garage or basement. Hope my dad doesn’t mind a little ‘sparkle’. 🙂

This guy was done outside because the weather was beautiful (but windy… I staked out at this one corner of the house that’s a bit more protected from the wind when it kicks up). I have a keeper planned (don’t have the blank yet) that will be almost exclusively in powders, but the weather is getting cold, so I won’t be able to get him done outside. Would have loved to have done him over the summer, but this is the first keeper (he has progressed much further – should be done this weekend, (Saturday?) and he’ll be up) since they first came up that I could actually get my hands on, thanks to another forum member. 🙂

siberakh1
                  Participant

New updated pics of the Keeper (finally got something resembling light and ‘sun’). I think I’m going to redo his claws. The gray is throwing me and I’m liking it on him. Not sure if the horns will stay that color, but they might. Still need to do some minor touch ups on him, but I’m not happy with certain parts of him (my preference and I’m sure my parents would have something different to say, but that’s me).

He should be done tonight. Will have to wait for daylight probably for photobooth pics, but…. we’ll see.

Kujacker
                    Participant

Oh wow. I like him! Those colors are very striking together!

Adaneth
                      Participant

Nice work! I love those greens, and that’s a very striking combination! 🙂

I like the grey claws, but I’m weird…

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

JEEES!!!!
                          that is just stunning!! i love it!!!♥♥♥ 😀 😀

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

He’s lovely, but I see what you mean on the claws, I’d go with a much darker grey, black, or even more of a bone color maybe.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lokie
                            Participant

It’s very pretty! However, I sort of agree, I’m not exactly feeling the claw color.

Skeeterdeee
                              Participant

I love him!! He’s kinda “forest-y”, I like that! 🙂

Mmloda
                                Participant

He looks great! I can’t wait to see him all finished… 😉

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.