fbpx

Show you Windstone Collection Thread 5

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show you Windstone Collection Thread 5

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,124 total)
  • Author

Dragon Master wrote:

GREAT collection Newfie!!
    Tiy like the big boys and girls for sure!!!
    I see Ty dragons too. How many of those do you have and which ones??
    I have the Ty Magic 3rd AND 4th generation, teh zodiac one and scorch beenies
    I also have Magic and Scorch in the buddies.
    I have a number of extra Magic buddies too. I bought a HUGE amount of them when the hit the stores to sell later like now after they are retired

I have the Scorch beanie and buddy, magic beanie and the zodiac. Don’t know the generations. My wife was the beanie collector. She has a whole curio stuffed full of them!

Laurie
    Participant

My poor beanies are in boxes in the attic πŸ™ I don’t have space to display them. I love how you have all the dragons around your old warrior.

ddvm wrote:

Great collection. *drools over silver SK* Thanks for posting the bookcase pictures – forget medicine cabinets I love checking out people’s bookcases. I love David Eddings but did you know Leigh Eddings died last year? And The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever – great series!

And Opus – you have an Opus! I just watched A Wish for Wings that Work.

I did not know that Leigh Eddings had passed. πŸ˜₯
      There is a new Thomas Covenant series and the first 2 books are out. I havn’t gotten to them yet. I still have a stack of about 15 books I haven’t read yet that I have no room for on the shelves.

Opus RULES!!! I used to have another, but he perished in a fire. πŸ˜₯
      I love Breathed’s work. I think I have about everything he’s put out except Academia Waltz. Can’t find this anywhere. Hopefully he’ll do a “complete” collection like the Calvin and Hobbes I have. Two of the best comic strips ever!

purpledoggy wrote:

My poor beanies are in boxes in the attic πŸ™ I don’t have space to display them. I love how you have all the dragons around your old warrior.

I should name him Smaug since he lives on the shelf with all my Lord of the Rings stuff.

Laurie
      Participant

LOl sounds fitting. I’ve named all my old warriors except my white one. I have to think of a name for him.

Bob

newfie07 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I have a number of extra Magic buddies too. I bought a HUGE amount of them when the hit the stores to sell later like now after they are retired

I have the Scorch beanie and buddy, magic beanie and the zodiac. Don’t know the generations. My wife was the beanie collector. She has a whole curio stuffed full of them!

Do you need the Magic buddy?? If so PM me. I have Smaug from the Franklin Mint

Jasmine
          Participant

newfie07 wrote:

There is a new Thomas Covenant series and the first 2 books are out. I havn’t gotten to them yet. I still have a stack of about 15 books I haven’t read yet that I have no room for on the shelves.

I love Breathed’s work. I think I have about everything he’s put out except Academia Waltz. Can’t find this anywhere. Hopefully he’ll do a “complete” collection like the Calvin and Hobbes I have. Two of the best comic strips ever!

I haven’t read the new Thomas Covenant books yet. I’m waiting til they all come out. Love most of the same series that I see on your shelves πŸ™‚

I love Opus!! “Would you believe a water buffalo?”

Dragon Master wrote:

newfie07 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

My wife just said I’m not allowed to buy ANYTHING until the SK’s are paid off.

lamortefille
            Participant

newfie07 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Congrats, Papercut: -)

Great collection, newfie. Lots of good books, too. Did you read the Clive Barker Abarat 1 & 2? I have them, but I’m waiting for the others to be released before I start reading them.
              I’ve read both and have been anxiously waiting for the third. He must have take a break though since he just released Mr. B Gone. I recommend it!

Yeah I saw Mr. B Gone in Atlantic Books. I like how he tea stained the pages to make it look old. I’m hoping for it for my B-Day: -) I’m glad Abarat is good! πŸ˜€ Weaveworld is my fav. – I really need to revisit it soon.

lamortefille
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

newfie07 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

We have Smaug, too. : -) I have him behind glass. He seems so delicate, he makes me nervous!

lamortefille
                Participant

Jasmine wrote:

newfie07 wrote:

I haven’t read the new Thomas Covenant books yet. I’m waiting til they all come out. Love most of the same series that I see on your shelves πŸ™‚

I love Opus!! “Would you believe a water buffalo?”

Yay! for new Thomas Covenant. I’ll wait for all 3, too. If not, I have to back and start again. πŸ™„

Bob

lamortefille wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

newfie07 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

We have Smaug, too. : -) I have him behind glass. He seems so delicate, he makes me nervous!
                    I have over 200 dragons in my house mainly Windstone and the Frenklin Mint.
                    Smaug is VERY nice but I’m a little scared at how thin his neck is. If my cats knocked him around I could be in trouble

Well I was going to come on line last night and say I got my 2 silver curlies in the mail yesterday after paying their ransom but I guess I talk about my new pieces too much so from now on I guess I just need to keep my mouth shut when I finally get my new Windstones even though it’s perfectly OK for eveyone else to come here and talk about there purchased when they get them.
                    I’m sorry for the vent but it’s been an issue for me for a little while and I have almost left the Forum because of the way I have been made to feel just becuase I’m excited to get a piece or 2. I guess I just have to have my own celebration with my cats that I got my 2 Silver Curlies and a red fuzzy last night. That make 84 Windstones for me now

newfie07 wrote:

Opus RULES!!!

Absolutely! My favorite comic strip character ever. My favorite was the strip where the cockroach is ranting at Opus about how indestructible cockroaches are “so go ahead and push the button you suicidel goons we’ll still be here” or something like that and Opus just squishes him with his foot. Sick, I know but it still cracks me up.

I lost a stuffed Opus to one of my dogs. πŸ˜₯

I was so bummed when he stopped writing the strip. πŸ˜₯

ddvm wrote:

newfie07 wrote:

Opus RULES!!!

Absolutely! My favorite comic strip character ever. My favorite was the strip where the cockroach is ranting at Opus about how indestructible cockroaches are “so go ahead and push the button you suicidel goons we’ll still be here” or something like that and Opus just squishes him with his foot. Sick, I know but it still cracks me up.

I lost a stuffed Opus to one of my dogs. πŸ˜₯

I was so bummed when he stopped writing the strip. πŸ˜₯
                    He’s back doing a Sunday only strip with Opus, but I haven’t kept up. I can’t justify buying a whole paper just to read one comic strip!

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Well I was going to come on line last night and say I got my 2 silver curlies in the mail yesterday after paying their ransom but I guess I talk about my new pieces too much so from now on I guess I just need to keep my mouth shut when I finally get my new Windstones even though it’s perfectly OK for eveyone else to come here and talk about there purchased when they get them.
                      I’m sorry for the vent but it’s been an issue for me for a little while and I have almost left the Forum because of the way I have been made to feel just becuase I’m excited to get a piece or 2. I guess I just have to have my own celebration with my cats that I got my 2 Silver Curlies and a red fuzzy last night. That make 84 Windstones for me now

This is just me talking here DM, not any of the other forum members.

I don’t mind listening to anyone about their new Windstones, it’s just when it gets carried into many different threads, that I’ve seen the “teasing” for talking about them too much start. It seems to me we are all excited when we get new pieces or when our fellow forum members get new pieces, but it can get a little old seeing it in what seems to be every active thread.

I hope I don’t offend you with this DM. I’m not intending to at all. I was just stating what I have observed from the outside looking in. πŸ˜‰

Oh and congrats on the Silver curls finding their way home! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,124 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.