fbpx

Show you Windstone Collection Thread 5

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show you Windstone Collection Thread 5

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,124 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

That’s why I love my Mac. It automatically opens iPhoto when I plug my memory card into my scanner/printer.

Barrdwing wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

Because i have to pay postage and customs, the price of an Old Warrior over here is Β£160 about $320 but there are only two shops in the UK that sell windstones so i have to order them from here. Approx Β£10 per $100 for customs plus another Β£12 handling charge. Then the postage normally costs $60 for a large Dragon.

So thats about $250 for the dragon, $60 for postage then $45 ish for customs.

On top of that i have just started university and i havent got a job, mum gives me Β£60 a month to live off of. Because i can’t get any grants i have no spending money at all….

πŸ™ πŸ™

Woii! 😯 Griffiness, you are a truly devoted fan, laboring under complications like those. You have a lovely and varied collection–I have to congratulate you on your taste! Just don’t malnourish yourself for dragons, eh? I ate a lot of Top Ramen in school because money was tight but I insisted on buying my favorite anime series on videotape. 😳 As it was, I washed a lot of dishes and slung a lot of hash in the cafeteria. Learned plenty about institution food! (My dorm-mates thought the cafeteria called it Swiss Steak because the meat slices had holes punched in them. Wrongo! The slices had holes in them all right, but that was because the cut of beef came from a part of the cow that had lots of tubes in it. :twisted:)

Ha ha thats quite funny, when i come home for weekends or Christmas i stash as much food up in my room and take it back to uni with me! Saves me buing it and i can save for Windstones yay!

Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

Because i have to pay postage and customs, the price of an Old Warrior over here is Β£160 about $320 but there are only two shops in the UK that sell windstones so i have to order them from here. Approx Β£10 per $100 for customs plus another Β£12 handling charge. Then the postage normally costs $60 for a large Dragon.

So thats about $250 for the dragon, $60 for postage then $45 ish for customs.

On top of that i have just started university and i havent got a job, mum gives me Β£60 a month to live off of. Because i can’t get any grants i have no spending money at all….

πŸ™ πŸ™

Woii! 😯 Griffiness, you are a truly devoted fan, laboring under complications like those. You have a lovely and varied collection–I have to congratulate you on your taste! Just don’t malnourish yourself for dragons, eh? I ate a lot of Top Ramen in school because money was tight but I insisted on buying my favorite anime series on videotape. 😳 As it was, I washed a lot of dishes and slung a lot of hash in the cafeteria. Learned plenty about institution food! (My dorm-mates thought the cafeteria called it Swiss Steak because the meat slices had holes punched in them. Wrongo! The slices had holes in them all right, but that was because the cut of beef came from a part of the cow that had lots of tubes in it. :twisted:)

Ha ha thats quite funny, when i come home for weekends or Christmas i stash as much food up in my room and take it back to uni with me! Saves me buing it and i can save for Windstones yay!

That’s funny, but everyone does it. I can just imagine your folks, “We just bought groceries, but the cubbard sure seems bare…”

Pegasi1978
        Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ My Brown Male Griffin arrived today! (In one piece!)

Here he is making the Brown Female Griffin’s aquaintence.

Bob

Why would it not be one piece?? Did it not come from Windstone?

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Why would it not be one piece?? Did it not come from Windstone?

The Brown MALE Griffin was bought off eBay recently and didn’t have his original packaging. I was worried he would arrive broken like the Black Male Griffin tha I bought of eBay earlier this year. Kyrin fixed him up for me though. I wasn’t worried about the Brown Female at all, she came straight from the factory.

Bob

I’m glad they both got to you intaked and VERY safe

Pegasi1978
                Participant

I’ve actually had the brown female since they came out in the Windstone store. I just thought it was interesing to see how different she looks from my new Male. She’s much darker than he is.

Believe me, I am glad they both arrived intact. I don’t think my heart could have taken another broken Windstone. I’ve had three retired or hard-to-find pieces come to me broken when I bought them off eBay.

Travistie
                  Participant

Nice griffin. Congrats! πŸ˜€

Megan
                    Participant

Congrats on the happy couple, pegasi πŸ˜€ They’re lovely!

I finally got the rest of the pics into photobucket. I named them all… I pet them from time to time… but at least they are loved πŸ™„ Here’s the middle shelf of my bookcase-turned-Windstone case. Spike the peacock fledge, Scarlet the lap, and Shenlong the (scratching) Dragon Lord πŸ˜† Curlie added for visual enhancement.

Next to these guys, Iris the rainbow mom, Jules the emerald male, Nataku the white young, and Gem, their hatching kid. That silver PYO lurking in the back was done by dragonmedley.

The top shelf. My baby Vulcan the BG emp and Neptune the spec, babysitting the little royal brown hatchers. The hatching emp is Arthur and the kinglet is Mordred.

And finally the manga shelf that is slowly getting taken over as well. Owl lamp Archie, cat wizard Harry, and Guinea pig Frederick.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Beautiful collection! Thanks for sharing!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

BDW
                        Participant

WOW the SK in silver looks stunning!

lamortefille
                          Participant

Congrats, peg!!

Megani, I love how yours look with the leather bound books: -)

Maria
                            Participant

Man, Megani – all those names! πŸ˜† What’s up with the white young? He looks part gold…
                              Congrats, Pegasi! I’m so glad your griffin made it in one piece.

Heather
                              Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Now that’s the way to do it! πŸ˜† Besides, the food from home is always better. I knew one girl on our floor who came back after Christmas with half a roast turkey. She tried to make stuffing on the dorm stove to go with it . . . it didn’t work out as planned the first time, but second time around it wasn’t too crunchy. πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,124 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.