fbpx

Should I ? – I did , I did !!!!!!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Should I ? – I did , I did !!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Sapphire
    Participant

I need some advice from you guys . I have the chance of getting a mint winged cat gargoyle locally – which is amazing in itself – for $20 . My problem is that over here there is nowhere that I can see Windstones in the flesh so I have no idea about size etc. & how can I tell if it’s genuine ? If anyone has one what do they think about it as so far I only have the painted Windstone pieces & don’t know much about the ‘garden art’ Winstones .

Sapphire
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

$20? I’d do it, and I’m no cat person. Do you have pictures of it? If yes, you can tell pretty well whether it’s a fake or not. Is it te big one or the little one – and if it’s a big one, is it the bat-winged or the bird-winged?

Bob

I’m sure you can at least get $20 for whatever it is on e-bay if you don’t like it

Sapphire
            Participant

It’s the unpainted gargoyle GB . If it was one of the flap cats I wouldn’t have had to ask as I’d have snapped it up 😀 .

Jennifer
              Keymaster

sapphire wrote:

It’s the unpainted gargoyle GB . If it was one of the flap cats I wouldn’t have had to ask as I’d have snapped it up 😀 .

Unpainted? Or stone finish?

About the fastest way to tell a fake from a real one is if it has the Windstone Felt pad on the bottom with the Windstone Logo on it.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Sapphire
                Participant

It’s the stone finished one that you can put outside in the garden .

frozendragon
                  Participant

sapphire wrote:

It’s the stone finished one that you can put outside in the garden .

the only windstones for the garden are the rock dragons.. big and little..

other people might say they are for the garden.. but they really aren’t

Sapphire
                    Participant

Ah thanks for setting me straight on that one . The seller did say that the gargoyle had never been outside .

sapphire wrote:

Ah thanks for setting me straight on that one . The seller did say that the gargoyle had never been outside .

The main thing is that the fakes are usually some kind of concrete or plaster-looking things, whereas the genuine article is very nicely painted with speckled greys and browns that make it look like quality stone from a distance, and a carefully painted sculpture close up.

And as Jennifer points out, it should have the felt pad or a “Windstone” stamp – it’s an old enough piece that it was issued with and without the pad – but it would always have either the stamp or the pad. If it doesn’t say “Windstone Editions” on the base, it’s a fake and worthy of John’s attention.

Sapphire
                      Participant

Thanks for that Dave . I have a better idea now what to look for .

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Yeah, go for it!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bob

dragonmedley wrote:

Yeah, go for it!

If you don’t we may have to hurt you and pubically humiliate you!!

darjeb
                            Participant

For any Windstone $20 is great buy

Bob

darjeb wrote:

For any Windstone $20 is great buy

EXACTLY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.