fbpx

Shika the kirin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Shika the kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Windswept
    Participant

Windswept
      Participant

Just finished this guy a couple hours ago. Really happy with how he turned out! Now, supposedly this silver leaf is buffable, so I might have another photo up of a mirror-like Shika once I’m sure the silver has set and dried.

And for giggles, an in-progress shot, cuz the scales look kinda cool/wierd.

Skigod377
        Participant

Shika is a stunner 😯 LOVE the colors and the blending. What a beaut!

Kujacker
          Participant

Oh wow! I love how those scales came out! He looks awesome!

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Neat! What kind of silver leaf did you use?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Maria
              Participant

Shika is gorgeous. The blending on the fur is very striking.

Adaneth
                Participant

I like! πŸ˜€ The facial markings are darling!

Jodi
                  Participant

Very cute! Like GB said, the blending on the fur is awesome.

Windswept
                    Participant

Nam – It’s these little tube bottles called Rub N’ Buff that I found at my local artstore. Ah, here we go.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/467/Rub-n-Buff-The-Original-Wax-Metallic-Finish.htm

They say use your finger, but HA, as if. I used the end of a q-tip and detail worked with a super blunted toothpick.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Demyx wrote:

Nam – It’s these little tube bottles called Rub N’ Buff that I found at my local artstore. Ah, here we go.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/467/Rub-n-Buff-The-Original-Wax-Metallic-Finish.htm

They say use your finger, but HA, as if. I used the end of a q-tip and detail worked with a super blunted toothpick.

Ahh okay! I used the gold rub n buff when I was test painting to write the tutorial, and really disliked it. I still have a junk griffin around here somewhere.. he has green legs and gold rubbed all over his sides and neck! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Windswept
                        Participant

Yeah, I knew the stuff would be a toss up when I bought it. Seems to work well enough for scaled things like kirins, though. Here’s a few shots of before and after going at the guy with a polishing cloth. Strips off a good amount of the metal, but I was originally wanting a darker scale anyway, and like the kinda see-throughness.
                          Before on the left/nondisplay, after on the right/display side.

Before:

After:

It’s hard to photograph, but the polished side is significantly shinier/more reflective.

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

wow, she definately has the wow factor.

She’s sweet & stunning! πŸ™‚ Cool!

I think you definately did a good job. I love the colors on it.

Purplecat
                            Participant

I think she’s awesome! Very cool! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.