Serene Happy Places

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Serene Happy Places

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

IMG_20190721_072901

This my view at the lake house.Cannot get much more serene than this around here.
      I wish I lived here.
      Where is your happy serenity place?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Scathach
      Participant

Very pretty

Life is beautiful.

tig3r06
        Participant

My fav happy place is going for drives with the top down and an iced coffee. Great stress relief! Other happy places include the view from my apt, and any beach and water 😊

Starbreeze
          Participant

I find a Mountain View to be very peaceful.

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

This is ours…no cell service, and our neighbours consist of white moose and bald eagles! It’s the only place I’d rather be

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
              Participant

Heck yeah.

etruscan
                Participant

White moose?

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Our Serene place is like this too – Garrett County in Western, MD…. at the State Parks you can rent log cabins to stay in and my Hubby and I LOVE going up in the Spring the first or second week of May, before the tourists start migrating up to Deep Creek Lake the week before Memorial Day through Labor Day – then it’s WAY TOO Crowded!

We go to Critter Watch (Squirrels, chipmunks, birds, etc.), Trout fishing, and to Hike the Park trails – which are Beautiful! Also before the crowds start, the trails are really quiet (no screaming kids and loud talkers!) and we can see deer and other forest critters that you normally wouldn’t see. The weather is also nice… the Summer heat and humidity hasn’t started yet and the nights are still cool enough for a fire in the fireplace. It’s a Wonderful Time to just relax and do nothing! Unfortunately we haven’t had the chance to go since 2013. We NEED to get back there! Next Spring 2020 Definitely!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                    Participant

Time to go in …music,White Russians and my loyal Liberty beside me.

IMG_20190722_193208

Bodine
                      Participant

Sunshine in the morning,rain in the evening.Welcome to Miss..

IMG_20190722_194837

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I’ve always loved the ocean, it just really lets you know how ephemeral you are and insignificant your problems (in a good way!). When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike out to the dike on the edge of the Everglades also, and climb up to look out over the sawgrass prairie. It had the same effect, like looking out over forever.

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

Just lovely Bodine
                            Wish so much I was there with you and 🕊🐶 too!!
                            Big Hugs !!

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Yes, white 🙂 They are beautiful. We’ve been seeing them for years up north, near Foleyet, Ontario, Canada. Often confused for albino. They are not albino. At least not the ones we’ve been seeing. I’m also very happy to say that they are protected. There’s no hunting these creatures.

This is an article from last year, but it’s the same area our cottage is in.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/moose-facebook-video-viral-1.4882827

Out at the cottage one year, we were fishing in Hardiman Bay on Horwood Lake (Foleyet) and saw a white cow with two white calves having a drink on shore. The calves were white with black spots like an Appy horse. The cow sniffed us out right away, so we couldn’t get in close enough for good pictures before they disappeared into the woods. Another time, my dad was fishing in a 50 foot pocket close to shore (same lake), and a cow jumped in the water right in front of him, and swam around his boat, and over to the weed bed next to him. He was alone and trying to bring in a fish when this happened. He couldn’t get to his camera. We see moose all the time up there, but it’s really special when you get to see a white one.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
                              Participant

UGH!! Y’all are so lucky! I would love to get away to one of those spots! Especially to see the moose! I love quadrupeds of all kinds and ocean dwellers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.