fbpx

Sending empty shipping boxes back to Windstone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Sending empty shipping boxes back to Windstone?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This has probably been asked before but I did do a search and came up empty so I thought I would ask. Would it help Windstone at all if we sent empty shipping boxes that were still in good condition back to the factory to be used again or would it just be a nightmare? I do recycle my cardboard but it seems like such a waste. So I was wondering if I removed the shipping label from the boxes, flattened them out and saved a few to ship together if Windstone could use them again. And if they could would they want both the brown boxes and the white priority boxes? Or would this be more trouble than they are worth.

I apologize if this has been addressed in the past. I do not seem to be able to get the search engine to work properly for me. But I got to see a whale today so I am not going to worry about it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Carolyn
    Participant

Well seems people here are always looking for empty Windstone boxes . So try that . List which boxes you have . Costs about 11.00 to mail an empty box . Double boxed .

Danzig Moon (Karen)
      Participant

I know the feeling. I think this would be a wonderful thing to do and sure would make more room in my attic. ๐Ÿ™‚ SAVE A TREE!!!

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Syn
        Participant

Well seems people here are always looking for empty Windstone boxes . So try that . List which boxes you have . Costs about 11.00 to mail an empty box . Double boxed .

Yes, I for one would be more than happy to buy some Male Griffin and Male Unicorn boxes to store some “boxless” pieces in, and even an Emperor box. As for the outer shipping boxes, I break them down and then reuse them to mail out Windstones when I sell or trade. The only ones that ever go to recycling are those that have been damaged too much in shipping.

To send boxes back to Windstone, if you flatten the boxes and send several at a time, it would be less expensive; but how would you ship them? The boxes would be flatter, but you would need something even wider and longer to ship them in. That would probably limit it to smaller-sized boxes. Maybe UPS or FedEx would take them bundled together and not boxed?

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

My unfinished bathroom is FILLED with Windstone boxes. I also have huge 50 gallon tubs(about six of them) filled with boxes. The OW and Emperor boxes take up approximately half of that space.

I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear as to which boxes I was talking about – I was referring to the outer shipping boxes ( the brown UPS and the white USPS boxes) not the boxes the Windstones are in. Although that does bring up that question as well. I keep those boxes in case I need to sell or trade a piece but I know a lot of people don’t. And the boxes with the cardboard inserts such as the lap, OW and emperor probably do cost money for Windstone to buy so I wonder if they would be interested in getting empty ones back. Unfortunately I had no idea it was so costly to send an empty box so it doesn’t sound as if sending those boxes is practical for people. I do wonder if sending even just the 2 or 3 smallest shipping boxes flattened out media mail would work (and be wanted).

Susie
            Keymaster

Well… we do re-use shipping boxes, as many of you may have noticed, however as the substitute shipper, it’s much easier and faster to use new boxes. I always feel good about recycling boxes, and try to, but it is more time consuming, and we have a large quantity of them that all seem to be the wrong size… Shipping costs to send them to us would be rather high. I think would be better to donate them to someone close to you, another small business perhaps, or maybe a small market, or maybe a thrift shop could use them? Perhaps a university may have students needing boxes to pack up possessions at the end of the term? You could inquire at schools, churches, shelters… I’ll bet you could put an ad in Craig’s List for “sturdy clean used cardboard boxes” and somebody packing to move would take them off your hands. I’ll bet you can find someone close to you who would LOVE to have nice sturdy Windstone shipping boxes.

Amy
              Participant

If there’s anyone out there with an empty mother unicorn box I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands. PM me with price. ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonshoard
                Participant

I use the outer box to corral the smaller boxes. Makes it easier to stack them and find them in the attic. Of course the OW, emp, and R spectral boxes go in the attic on their own. I have even used the windstone boxes to corral some of my other small boxes (like tudor mint or anything that is just shaped styrofoam).
                  I want to know what it would cost to convince Susie to sell empty boxes with the cardboard inserts so we can get enough boxes for ALL windstones. I know the boxes cost them money and would be willint to pay that cost plus a little extra plus shipping to have boxes for all the larger ones.

Gremlin1
                  Participant

I’m lucky, all of mine are in the rafters of my garage. ALL the rafters of my garage!

Susie
                    Keymaster

Sorry, its company policy not to sell or give away the product boxes or insert packaging. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people out there in the world who would place a “used” item in one and call it “New In Box”. Lots of nice bubble wrap around a piece in a nice thick cocoon is the best way to protect them if you have to pack them up. And I mean a thick layer, so that if any air leaks out its still poofy, and fastened on tightly so the animal cannot escape.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.