fbpx

Send bourbon…lots and lots of bourbon, please!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Send bourbon…lots and lots of bourbon, please!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Yeah, it could have been worse–you could have had that foot amputated to the mid shin!!!! Sorry, not a pleasant thought but that didn’t happen and that’s a real good thing. It sounds like you’re progressing and that’s another good thing. You won that curlie and that is a wonderfuln thing! So there are some wonderful things here versus a hard cast–which is temporary. Cabin fever sucks but I wouldn’t mind having a little bit of it myself but not with a broken ankle–I know, I know picky, picky, picky and I want to be paid as well! Now I’m dreaming! But will still send you bourbon–maybe if you drink enough you’ll just sleep through this whole thing!!! XD

twindragonsmum
      Participant

tasgrs wrote:

Well….good news and bad news. Bad news is I’m in a hard cast to mid-shin for the next 2 weeks. Good news is it’s only for 2 weeks, and I can put 50% of my weight on it. So I can walk–gingerly–with the crutches taking half my weight, and I can stand on it. The doc said to use what he called the “green light/red light” approach. If I do something and it doesn’t hurt, green light! If it hurts, then red light. Duh :spank:
        I’m in the standard short hard cast for 2 weeks, then I can move to a “removable” cast and have to wear that for a few weeks. *sigh*
        Helllloooooo cabin fever! :bye:
        Oh well….coulda been worse, right?

Yuuuuuuurrrrggg!! I HATE hard casts ๐Ÿ˜ก This is what I do to mine…

lots and lots of glitter and beads and double sided sticky tape to make my own stickers. One year I had surgery the day after Christmas and my surgeon and the O.R. staff put me in a red cast and decorated it with snowflakes and snowmen *snerk* I just finally got bored with plain ol’ “plain jane” casts so bring on the ”bling” ๐Ÿ˜†

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Love the cast, Beck! Man, you didn’t even get to be able to wiggle your toes; at least I can do that much. ๐Ÿ˜€ Mine’s blue. Hubby was trying to make me go for purple. Dunno if I’ll bother to decorate this one though. I’m just kinda trying to pretend it’s not really there. I can walk without the crutches (and without too much pain), although if the hubby finds out I’ve been trying that, he’ll probably have a flock of screaming canaries. *snerk* Overall, I’ve been *trying* to be good, really! Maybe I can just put on an eyepatch, grab a stuffed parrot, and yell “Arrgh, Mateys!” and he won’t notice. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

LFB, when I read your post about having the leg amputated, I *almost* wasted a mouthful of perfectly good bourbon. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Talk about putting things into perspective! ๐Ÿ˜†

WolfenMachine
        Participant

oh no! Girlie, I am so sorry to hear about your misfortunes ๐Ÿ™ When it rains it pours *(sorry for the pun)*
          Will bourbon chicken help? Or Ameretto cake? Its strong! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bourbon chicken? That sounds like a recipe I could use. Of course, if it means putting bourbon IN the chicken, I might have a hard time. ๐Ÿ˜€
          I’ve had the amaretto cake before. Yum! :yum: I’m game for any kind of food that I can manage to get to my chair without spilling/dropping. I’m beginning to resemble a Labrador Retriever at this point, since I carry things in my teeth while moving on the crutches. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Sports bottles are a wonderful invention; too bad I only have 1 of them that I could find. I know I have more of them, but I don’t remember where I put them….*sigh*

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.