fbpx

Selling curlies (pg. 7)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Selling curlies (pg. 7)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Thanks, purpleturtle.
    I don’t really have to sell anything. The guy who’s selling me his XB12 is quite generous in letting me pay for it in installments. But being in debt until next April is a rather scary thought – especially since as soon as I get the bike I’m going to want to make all the necessary changes to make its exterior as much Beastie as the interior. πŸ˜† I’ve found there are some Windstones I can bear to part with.

PurpleTurtle
    Participant

That’s cool. I know all about debt to. I just bought a house, so I’ll be in the red for about, let’s say. 20 to thirty years πŸ˜† …
      I would have to very hard pressed to give up any of my Windstones to pay off unexpected expenses. I don’t have very many but the ones I do have are quite preciuos to me.

By the way, your bike has the same name has my cat, kinda, sorta. His proper name is The Beast, but I call him Beastie all the time πŸ˜† .

Oh, well, a house is a different story. There it’s justified to be in debt. But insisting on a 22,000 frank (equals dollar) bike just because it’s from 2006, and any other year’s model isn’t good enough because it lacks a few horsepowers or some Nm… That’s the mark of a fanatic. 😳
      That’s funny your cat has the same name as my bike. I know Koishii named one of her cats Beastie, too. My bike has “Beastie” written across the fly screen, but I’m sure I’ll take to calling it Beast, because the little one that was wrecked had a 984 ccm engine, 92 horses and 95 Nm. The new Beastie has a 1203 ccm engine, 120 HP and about 120 Nm. πŸ˜€

Greater Basilisk wrote:

But insisting on a 22,000 frank (equals dollar) bike just because it’s from 2006, and any other year’s model isn’t good enough because it lacks a few horsepowers or some Nm… That’s the mark of a fanatic.

And what’s wrong with that?
      When I told Warp10 about this, he asked why you had to be picky about replacement. I then asked him if his Firehawk got totalled, would he replace with a Chevette or another sports car. Point taken, he said πŸ˜€

We’re all fanatics about something (me, it’s books and Windstones), it’s just that some things are more expensive than others.

You go, girl!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

😳 Aw, you’re a dear, Medley.
      I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, but I’m not telling anybody about my decision until the contract is signed, the bike transferred to my name and standing in my garage. I only got the little Buell because I bought it while Mom was on vacation, or I’m sure she would have talked me out of the best thing I’ve spent moeny on yet. My brother, who is common sense personified, told me to scrap the idea of buying my buddy’s bike because for that price I could get a pre-owned Buell or two brand new 2009 models. But there’s exactly the reason I want it, besides that it’s fine-tuned. The new models have less and less power, making 2005 and 2006 models very looked-for and upping their prices considerably.
      I never intended to sell my little bike. God willing, the big Beastie will have a long and happy life with me. I just want to know that that I’ve got the perfect machine.

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Money is only as good as what you spend it on. As long your not denying yourself of ‘essentials’ I say go for it GB πŸ˜‰ .

I think it’s great, you only live once and if that is what you want GO FOR IT!
        I wish my husband wouldn’t of sold his bike, I miss it. I hope you get it and enjoy it! πŸ˜€

Dragonlairqueen
        Participant

PMed you… :0)

All PMs replied to. Thanks a lot, ladies. πŸ˜‰

It looks like the brown hatching royalty will be rehomed this week; the BVP OW and the Butternut Poad are claimed. I’m putting the other pieces on hold for a bit.
          Thanks, everybody. I’ll keep you posted.

sbianchi wrote:

I wish my husband wouldn’t of sold his bike, I miss it. I hope you get it and enjoy it! πŸ˜€

That’s how I justify my horse habit. One exception though, I follow your above with, ‘you darn sure can’t take it with you!’πŸ˜‰

~Hoofer

P.S. Sooo glad you lived to tell the tale! Ever since I popped a wheelie (unintentionaly) on the 50 suzuki my dad gave me (I was 13), I reconsidered the idea of how cool it was to ride on those 2 wheels. That and hitting sugar sand to fast, uh scary, my horses never fishtailed like that! πŸ˜‰

My final attempt to enjoy the breeze in my hair later in life really killed it for me. My ex scared the bejezus out of me. Yeah, no thank you dude, I’ll stick to the original horsepower. They’re more my speed and their wheelies rarely ever cause ground impact, though admittedly, it is possible. 😎

Well-said, Hoofer. (The first part, I mean. πŸ˜† )
          We have horses too, though I’d be surprised if we got 1 horsepower between the two of them, laid-back snoozers that they are. πŸ˜†
          My passion for motorcycles came out of nowhere one fine summer day and has only increased since then. (Sure, it helps that brothers and dad all have motorcycles and I’ve met too many cool bikers to back out of it now.) A bike only does what the rider tells it to – or other traffic participants force it to πŸ˜• – and in biking I’ve found a skill that I’m actually kind of good at. Plus, doing all the little optical customizing features is easy enough for me to understand and do myself, so I can work on a machine without making a complete fool of myself. πŸ˜›

Awwww darn I really wanted brown hatching royalty! πŸ˜₯

GB, there are so many beautiful pieces in your collection…I have to admit, your spectrals make me jealous. πŸ˜†

Hoofer wrote:

sbianchi wrote:

That’s how I justify my horse habit. One exception though, I follow your above with, ‘you darn sure can’t take it with you!’πŸ˜‰

~Hoofer

P.S. Sooo glad you lived to tell the tale! Ever since I popped a wheelie (unintentionaly) on the 50 suzuki my dad gave me (I was 13), I reconsidered the idea of how cool it was to ride on those 2 wheels. That and hitting sugar sand to fast, uh scary, my horses never fishtailed like that! πŸ˜‰

My final attempt to enjoy the breeze in my hair later in life really killed it for me. My ex scared the bejezus out of me. Yeah, no thank you dude, I’ll stick to the original horsepower. They’re more my speed and their wheelies rarely ever cause ground impact, though admittedly, it is possible. 😎

I’m with you, motorcycles and I just don’t do well together. My problem with motorcycles is that they do exactly what you tell them to do, if you are on a collision course for a fence, it will hit the fence! (Been there, done that, much to my embarrassment. 😳 ) Horses will tend to stop and then look at you reproachfully, wanting to know why you wanted them to run into the fence.

Also, horses can give sympathy when you do hurt yourself. Motorcycles don’t care. When I sprained my ankle, my mare heard me crying, and whinnied over and over until my husband heard her and investigated, apparently my cries for help couldn’t be heard. But Cricket still got me the help I needed.

So I will stick with the horses, and just watch the folks on two wheels.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.