fbpx

Sea Dragon glass pendants

Home Forums Miscellany Community Sea Dragon glass pendants

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sugarpeep
    Participant

Wow.. those are amazing! I don’t think they’re worth $25 though. I’m sure we could find some at a big craft show for cheaper. I seem to remember a place in Toledo, OH that sold similar pieces. If you’re willing to make the drive, that is.

lamortefille
      Participant

I won’t get into what they are “worth”. SPark and a couple of other artists have already stated it better than I could in other threads.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

Sun catchers – good idea Em. I was also thinking of hanging one from the rear view mirror in my suv.

Good idea! They’d look neat hanging from a rear view mirror πŸ™‚

I think they are worth every penny. Glass working is not easy- the glass is expensive, the torches to heat it are expensive, the fuel to run the torch is expensive, and the dichroic glass that is used is tricky and kinda costly to get right too. Add in his or her time invested in making each one… not too bad a price at all. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Participant

Nambroth wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Sun catchers – good idea Em. I was also thinking of hanging one from the rear view mirror in my suv.

Good idea! They’d look neat hanging from a rear view mirror πŸ™‚

I think they are worth every penny. Glass working is not easy- the glass is expensive, the torches to heat it are expensive, the fuel to run the torch is expensive, and the dichroic glass that is used is tricky and kinda costly to get right too. Add in his or her time invested in making each one… not too bad a price at all. πŸ˜‰

The other hidden costs to take into mind are the ebay and paypal fees. That will nock of a couple $$ from each sale as well.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Very true. I know that one all too well!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Aw, thank you for sharing. Another thing that goes on my watch list. πŸ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.