fbpx

sculpting

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody sculpting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: Morning Ms.Melody,I was wondering,about how long does it take you,on an avg.,to complete a sculpture?Before painting.How about,the size of the Lap,my favorite to date,she is so detailed and thought out? 🙂
        While I have your attention,will you ever be making a large Empress as a mate to the male? squeek* 😀 Thanx

Melody
        Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Morning Ms.Melody,I was wondering,about how long does it take you,on an avg.,to complete a sculpture?Before painting.How about,the size of the Lap,my favorite to date,she is so detailed and thought out? 🙂
          While I have your attention,will you ever be making a large Empress as a mate to the male? squeek* 😀 Thanx

In actual time , It takes an entire year from the time a dragon sculpture is started in clay until it is boxed and ready to ship to stores, but I have never kept accurate records of how long, in actual “man hours” each sculpture takes. During that year I would always be working on other sculptures as well.
          All I know is they take a really long time to complete and they are a ton of work.I The dragons ( and kirins) took weeks of sanding and polishing after the sculpture was finished.
          I have always planned to sculpt an Empress dragon, but I have no idea when I will ever be able to do new sculpture again… all my time is taken up with trying to get stuff painted and finished so that we can restock.

Bodine
          Participant

Thank you! and you do it so well.Hope I’m around when you do make her :bye:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.