Scratching Peacock Dragon found Guillotine

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Scratching Peacock Dragon found Guillotine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    KS Fairchild
    Participant

Hi fellow Winstone family. I recently purchased a Scratching Peacock Dragon on eBay. Even with my insistence of double boxing, he was stuffed into a box he BARELY fit in, and that box was put into another similarly shaped box — with 1-2 sheets of bubble wrap between. He arrived without a head, horns popped out, and a few other chips on his body.

I don’t have use for him anymore, but I was informed by a fellow community member to see if anyone would be interested in him for repair/practice and resell? I’ll package him appropriately. I just cannot imagine throwing such a beautiful piece away.

Bodine
      Participant

Maybe contact a repair person here and it can be reborn.Drag0nfeathers is considered the Windstone doc here along with other talented repair artist,in case you really would like to keep it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
        Keymaster

I bet Drag0nfeathers can fix him!

merrillannwhite
          Participant

If nobody else expresses an interest, message me.  I want to learn how to fix them and could use a piece to practice on.  Drag0nfeathers could definitely fix him, if you want to fix him and keep him.  I think she is delaying any major repairs until spring due to temperatures in her work space, but if you don’t mind waiting, she does a great job and her prices are reasonable.  Check her thread about re-opening for small jobs (I think I have the title right).  The busted Oriental Sun is mine.  He is a special one for me and I didn’t want to try fixing him myself.  He looks good as new.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

If you don’t have any use for him I would also be happy to take him. I have received a few “donation” repairs from folks who just don’t want to throw them away and I have been keeping them set aside for a “pay it forward” raffle I plan to start up in the Spring.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Anonymous

I am way late with response to your basketcase but I just joined. Did you ever get your Dragon repaired

merrillannwhite
                Participant

I got him to practice on, but he is a ways down my projects list.

Anonymous

I got a scratching dragon with the same problem, decapitation. and his neck scales got turned into dust. I glued the head on but where the neck connects to the body the scales are gone have to remake them and mold the scales on the neck. I’ll try to post pictures. But i am trying to find something to fill in the small cracks and when the gold painted bosses that seamed to always get chipped off are a pain to rebuild. The 2 part clay epoxy sucks for something this small. it will only work if you build a mold. Now does anyone have any good ideas for getting the areas like a break ready for paint. I have been stripping down most of the old paint so you don’t have valleys. Like when you prep a car after you fix a dent. The putty can only do so much, so you paint over the area with a 2 part prep paint, then smooth it with 600 – 1000 grit paper. So when you put down your paint it is smooth mirror finish. I don’t know how this will work on these castings, Any advice on this process or tricks will help.

Anonymous

Some more pictures

Nightcrow
                      Participant

I just saw in the “Cleaning a Filthy Rainbow Boi” thread that Drag0nfeathers recommended a product called ‘Green Stuff’ for filling tiny cracks better than epoxy! Sounds like that might be what you need.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Anonymous

Do you still have this Dragon, Scratching Dragons have a reputation of losing their heads. I have 2 Peacocks who have lost their heads, that I am repairing. They a not an easy fix especially if you have to rebuild their scales where their neck and boby meet. One that was sent to me was a mess, Head broken off a large hunk of scales missing on his back and neck. I’ll send some pic. But I would like the task of rebuilding this Scratcher. The last 2 pictures show the repairing process. The last picture is of an Emerald Scratcher who had scale damage, can you tell now the dent in the scale was in there from the factory that was not part of the repair?

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

The dent in the emerald chest scale is usually from a “ding” of some sort that was hard enough to deform the gypsum, but light enough not to damage the paint. This is pretty common. It could have even happened at the factory before it was painted, but Windstone it pretty thorough with quality checking their pieces. Since it is an emerald chances are it’s relatively old. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was either resting against something for a long time that caused that mark, sometimes even shipping materials wrapped around it combined with extreme heat in transit can cause dents in the paint, or it was lightly banged up against a shelf or something sometime in it’s life. If it’s something that bothers you and you want to repair I’d recommend applying some Citadel great stuff on it and then giving it a light until you achieve the desired surface shape and then repainting. Green Stuff is not meant to be a full blown repair tool and it works better as a “crack filler” or for very small repairs that sculpting clays won’t stick to, such as that minor ding. *nods*

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.