Scrambled eBay names

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Scrambled eBay names

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hi guys! I hate to bring this up but it’s becoming a bigger problem as time goes on.

As I’m sure many of you notice, eBay bidder names are scrambled! This is great for security reasons, but another great side effect is that it helps to prevent animosity amongst collectors and forum members. 🙂 Remember our motto here– “All is Fair in Love and eBay!” 😀

That said, if you want to joke and talk amongst yourselves about your own bidding activity, I don’t think that’s a problem at all! After all, we all like to get e-chocolate and hugs when we loose a piece we were after, or congrats when we win something we want! :yes:

The problem we’re starting to face is when people are talking about what other bidders are doing, sometimes in detail… and worse yet, speculating about these other bidders! This, if nothing else, is a bit rude- and at worst could cause us some trouble. Unless you know the other bidder well enough to know they wouldn’t mind, please refrain from discussing their bidding activity. If you figure out what the scrambled names are, keep them to yourself unless you have permission from the bidder to share.

Thanks guys!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.