Scary!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Scary!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

So I had a brush with death today… I was in the lab, and my blood sugar plummeted, the EMT told me it was at 1.4mmol/L (normal 5-8, and you’re apparently supposed to pass out at 2.5). For some reason I’d locked the door so my boss couldn’t come in (she was worried because I wasn’t returning calls/etc).

I don’t remember anything that happened until I “came to” and the EMT’s were there. I’m a little freaked out now. 🙁

I keep wondering what would’ve happened if my boss never found me, the people in the lab building (is actually next door to the building my work is usually in) were all done for the day, I could’ve been there all night.

Now I just mostly feel sick and tired… think I might go to bed.

(Although if PT reads this, she’ll probably understand now why I couldn’t look at her “Skully” uni right now….. it freaked me out)

dragonmedley
    Participant

Take care, ‘kay?

Hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

OMG 😮 ! I totally understand and I’m so glad you pulled through! I had no idea that had happened to you. I only jump in and out of the Community forum from time to time, so I get behind on whats going on with everyone 😳 . Take care hon and I hope you feel better soon * BIG hugs*.

oh no! that is definitely scary!!! gotta take care of yourself… get some rest! so glad they found you before anything serious happened…

bayoudragon
        Participant

So glad you are OK! No sugar getting to the brain can be very dangerous. Hope you feel better soon!! (((hugs)))

I’m relieved to know you’re alive and well, but seriously – get some emergency chocolate in that lab! We keep ours in the closet behind a storage box so the supervisor doesn’t know…

Bodine
          Participant

my goodness 😮 take care and be careful.We aren’t like Dr.Who,we don’t have two hearts 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

lamortefille
            Participant

😮 Oi! Thank goodness you are ok!

Adaneth
              Participant

What a scare! 😮 I’m glad you’re all right, I hope there’s something you can do to ward that happening again.

I will be stashing some granola bars in the lab (with my supervisor’s permission) in case something happens again, I will also be keeping my medical info in the lab with me, so that they don’t have to run down to the other building if/when it’s needed.

And oh man, do I feel like crud today. Headache and everything, decided to stay home.

Thanks for the well wishes! They do make me feel better, like a giant e-hug or something. I was/am pretty freaked out by it.

LadyFirebird
                Participant

So glad you were found when you were! That is scary but I’m sooo glad you’re all right! Take it easy for the day–you definitely need the rest! [hugs]

Wow… do us a favor and take a load off will you? Glad everything came out ok. 🙂

DragonCat wrote:

Wow… do us a favor and take a load off will you? Glad everything came out ok. 🙂

Already done… chillin on the couch is the only thing in store for me today! Not looking forward to tomorrow but I’ll deal with that…. well… tomorrow!

Jasmine
                  Participant

Ditto what everyone else said!! Take care of yourself hun!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.