Safe removal of Lap Dragon horn?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Safe removal of Lap Dragon horn?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

I just received a lovely piece that arrived with the display-side horn noticeably bent out of its socket. I can wiggle it a little but it it clearly still attached and I don’t want to make it worse by forcing it.

Is there a way to weaken the adhesive without forcing it? Maybe something I could wedge into the base of the horn on the end of a pin? I’d really like to do so without ruining the paint or cracking the actual statue by wrenching the horn around too hard.

GardenNinja
      Participant

This thread may be helpful – it describes removing a unicorn horn, but I would think the same technique would work.

Replacing a broken horn

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Melody
        Keymaster

It is really hard to remove the horns because we use epoxy. I don’t think there is a solvent for that.

rachelled
          Participant

Thank you both! I’ll look into the unicorn horn, but if it looks like it’s going to make things worse I may just leave it.

It’s just a little disappointing! It happened because the person who shipped it left a whole lot of empty space in the box. I’m lucky it wasn’t worse though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.