fbpx

Rue Day

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Rue Day

Viewing 5 posts - 466 through 470 (of 470 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

More comments about page 189 from Melody’s deviantArt page.

Melody added this note – Marlie is building her case against Furic’s young, angsty bodyguard, “Ding”.
      Background information – Ding’s real name is Wenden. King Furic trusts him. Marlie does not.

Comment in response to Melody explaining why Marlie was afraid of being “snared” – Oh…. OOOOOHHHH!!!
      That’s why the girls were acting pretty and welcoming!!!
      Gosh, re-reading this in book-form is gonna be such an eventual treat to see all those breadcrumbs one after the other.
      Thanks for taking the time to clarify it for me 🙂
      Melody’s reply – It is so hard to keep a story in your head when it takes two weeks to turn out a new page! This story is complicated too, that makes it worse. Questions are a great help!

Comment – You know, the more Kade’s chaos energy moves things around, the more I believe Ayonah knew *exactly* what he was doing, appointing him as the new Veligent!
      Melody’s reply – let’s hope someone knows what is going on!

Comment – Poor Marlie, even though it gives her a case against Wenden. I’m loving how this is going and I can’t wait for Kade to get into their camp (although I’m also awaiting the major complication posed by all those Carp appearing)
      Melody’s reply – The name “Reptangle” comes from “tangle of reproduction”. It is a tangled mess.

etruscan
      Participant

Page 190:

Melody says, ” trouble isn’t over yet”

rueday_page190

etruscan
        Participant

Some Rue Day trivia while we wait for Melody to finish the next page. (Last week she posted on deviantArt – “I did a page, decided I really didn’t like it, so I am re-writing the whole thing. This happens sometimes.”)

Question about Rue Day on deviantArt – Sometimes I wish to recognize all the animal forms, where they come from… Ere looks like a Pallas cat for me, but Marlie? Is she just a random chimera or of a specific … er… species?

Melody’s reply – All the “rebels ” are chimeric animals, Usually a mix of carnivores and ungulate-like animals. This is because they are rebelling against Ayonah’s rule against shape shifting into made-up animals. All of King Serence’s people use regular animal forms. The size can vary. Ere looks like a big bengal cat, Marlie is part pronghorn antelope, maybe? -and part cheetah.

etruscan
          Participant

Page 191:

Melody says, “Almost a week late, but here’s page 191.”

rueday_page191

etruscan
            Participant

Page 192:

rueday_page192

Viewing 5 posts - 466 through 470 (of 470 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.