fbpx

Rue Day

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Rue Day

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 456 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Page 62 slightly modified to correct a couple of typos and add a bit of dialogue at the bottom:

etruscan
      Participant

Melody says that she is working on Page 63. From her deviantArt Journal …
        “I work totally backwards

Do you have an atypical way that you go about creating comic pages?
        REAL comic artists have the dialogue written out exactly, then form the art around it so it fits!! I work totally backwards. It’s so stupid! when I do a comic page I do all the art first, then scramble to figure out the words I am going to use from maybe paragraphs of dialogue. Visuals first, then get the words to fit? This is a REALLY dumb, weird, bassackward way to work, but I can’t seem to break the habit!
        I keep saying to myself .. OK THIS time I will have everything written out and … and… oh, I don’t feel like writing it out now. Later. Here’s a cool picture.
        Anyway, so what I’m saying is I’m still working on words for page 63, even though the art is done.
        My brain must be plugged in backwards”

pdlucich
        Participant

Remember “Calvin and Hobbes”? “The way Calvin’s brain is wired, you can practically hear the fuses blowing.” (thought Susie).
          But seriously, if it works for you, then it’s the right way to do it.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
          Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

etruscan
          Participant

Page 63:

etruscan
            Participant

Page 64
              Melody says, “Enough boring dialog. Finally wrangled this mess around so I can introduce the next chapter. The REAL origin story. I guess only the floating narrator knows what really went down.
              This page is kinda weird.”

etruscan
              Participant

Page 65 – Chapter 3
                Melody says, “The start of the start.
                This chapter will be mostly digitally colored traditional pen and ink drawings that I did about 20 years ago! It is appropriate that the “Origin Story” has a more vintage look to it.”

etruscan
                Participant

In the comments section for Page 64 [on deviantArt] Melody said that she’s the real authority:
                  Comment by a reader – “I wonder if Ayonah is narrating the TRUE origin story now. XD”

Melody’s reply – “No it’s just me, the omnipotent narrator. Even Ayonah doesn’t know everything.”

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Lol. Even Ayonah might need a check.

I love that illustration- it looks like the world’s two gnarliest zygotes.

etruscan
                    Participant

Page 66
                      In the comments section on deviantArt Melody says, “This creation is Ayonah’s second attempt. The first didn’t go so well.”

Bodine
                      Participant

I’m ready!🤓

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                        Participant

Page 67:
                          Melody says, “Creation of an entire universe with everything in it. Saves time.”

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Air carp!

etruscan
                            Participant

Page 68:
                              Melody says, “I drew this page with REAL MEDIA; a brush, ink, and paper, about 20 years ago. I added photoshop coloring and changed the inked effects to photoshop effects (and type). Ink just can’t compete with digital for some stuff.”

etruscan
                              Participant

Page 69:
                                Melody says, “This new creation isn’t peaceful and quiet, with a screaming baby, things splatting around, a fiddle being tuned and the introduction of Shihiv to stir things up. Another traditional media page, with photoshop color and tweaking.”

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

This story is totally amazing and awesome!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 456 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.