fbpx

ruby dragons vs red fire

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone ruby dragons vs red fire

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Hey Folks I know someone will have the answer to this question….

what is rarer ruby or redfire dragons? I have a ruby emperor, lap, rising spectral, fledgling and hatchling. I never see any of the ruby pieces on ebay but then again the red fire are barely up on ebay as well. However I was only ever able to get the curled red fire dragon and none of the others which leads me to think red fire might be rarer but im not too sure. Anyone have the answer??

Jason
      Participant

actually its a red flame curled dragon as it says on the box….

Adaneth
        Participant

I think Red Fire is rarer because they weren’t in production very long before being stopped due to the paint fading issue…but I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong!

Kiya
          Participant

There was never a ruby curlie. πŸ™‚

You can find some of the pieces you listed new here: http://www.sunshinespirit.net/windstonedragons.htm

I think the rarity of red fire versus ruby depends entirely on the sculpt. If the piece is in stock at Sunshine Spirit, you probably could not sell it for more than they charge.

Wolfen might have more information than this. Both colors are discontinued now, so some of it depends on the preference of any given buyer and what they’re looking for.

littleironhorse
            Participant

I think Red Fire is rarer because they weren’t in production very long before being stopped due to the paint fading issue…but I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong!

Agreed, according to Astral Castle, Rubies were produced from 2004 to 2007 while Red Fires were only produced in 2007.

Jason
              Participant

ahh ok that makes sense thanks

Pam

Red Fire is rarer. It was retired when we moved to Oregon and could no longer remember how to stabilize the red paint correctly.

Red flame is rarer than either ruby or red fire.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                  Participant

There was never a ruby curlie. πŸ™‚

You can find some of the pieces you listed new here: http://www.sunshinespirit.net/windstonedragons.htm

I think the rarity of red fire versus ruby depends entirely on the sculpt. If the piece is in stock at Sunshine Spirit, you probably could not sell it for more than they charge.

Wolfen might have more information than this. Both colors are discontinued now, so some of it depends on the preference of any given buyer and what they’re looking for.

πŸ˜‰ You are right on this store and their prices. Top dollar but I have seen the same pieces on Ebay go MUCH higher.
                    THE ONE TIP, WITH THIS STORE, I CAN OFFER IS CHECK BACK A FEW TIMES A MONTH! They seem to let their pieces out slowly so what they may not have today they may have next week. I have brought MANY PIECES from this store and YOU will get your piece if they let the order go thru, Sroll down for inventory display to see what is in stock.;)
                    OH YEA, RED FIRE are the rarer of them.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Tyrrlin
                    Participant

What’s the difference between Red Fire and Red Flame? I didn’t even know there was a Red Flame! O.O

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

What’s the difference between Red Fire and Red Flame? I didn’t even know there was a Red Flame! O.O

Red flame (seen below) only exists on the curled dragon sculpt.

Red fire exists on most every other sculpt.

Color-wise they look to be very close, almost identical. Maybe a case of someone forgetting what the color was originally named?

Also the “special” red fires hit ebay in 2008, not 2007. It wasn’t until after they were sold that regular red fires started showing up there as well.

Tyrrlin
                        Participant

Ahh, thank you! πŸ™‚

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.