Rock Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Rock Dragons

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    icewing726
    Participant

So I’ve seen the occasional test paint, but just realized the store isn’t listing them as a regular production. Are these a no longer produced item? I tried searching for a thread on this but it only told me about a raffle win, sorry if this is a duplicate.

StormDancer
      Participant

Most test paints are one of a kind items that end up sold on eBay. It’s how Windstone figures out which colors are feasible to move onto being either a limited production or regular production color.
        Sometime they will do several of the same sculpt in a similar color scheme which is how you get the Test Paint #1 thru Test Paint #10 such as the Autumn Leaf Old Warriors.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

icewing726
        Participant

Sorry I wasn’t clear in my statement. I meant I only see rock dragons in test paints and not in regular production. Thanks for the reply though.

etruscan
          Participant

The rock dragons are not in regular production and have not been for quite a while. They were produced in cement for outdoor use when the Windstone factory was located in California. Since the factory moved to Oregon (five ? years ago), they don’t have the ability to cast in cement.

However, I noticed that the test paint large rock dragon recently on ebay was a gypsum piece like regular Windstones. So maybe they will start making rock dragons again some day and sell them for indoor use only. (Most people kept their rock dragons indoors anyway.) The test paint Little Rock dragons sold in the last few years are gypsum pieces but, again, nothing has been produced for regular sale.

Hope this helps!

Melody
            Keymaster

Yes, We should paint a batch of rock dragons, but they are so big and heavy it takes some effort to do it! It is easier to paint small things!

icewing726
              Participant

I would be a buyer, and a very happy one at that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.