RIP sweet Nyx

Home Forums Miscellany Community RIP sweet Nyx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pony-up
    Participant

Last Monday evening our sweet, precious 2 yr old husky, Nyx slipped out the door and got hit by a car just moments before my fiance caught up to her in his car. I was at work and happened to be on the phone with him when he found her. I was hysterical and just can’t seem to get it out of my mind. I keep replaying everything in my head and blaming myself, even though I wasn’t there when it happened. I keep thinking that if I’d only tried harder to get us out of this apartment and into a house with a fenced yard she’d still be with us. If I hadn’t rescued the Shepherd mix that my fiance was letting back in the house when Nyx got out she’d still be with us. I’ve never been affected this way by the death of any other animal or person. Technically she was my daughter’s dog, but she was a member of our family and will always be in our hearts.

August last year I was visiting my friend at his barber shop when a woman came in with her grandkids. She was a real chatterbox and she told my friend that she had a husky her son had given her and she was going to have to take her to the pound. My daughter had been wanting a husky so I asked the woman about the dog and she gave me her phone number. When I told my fiance I was expecting an immediate “NO”, but instead he asked if I had any pictures. A few days later I surprised my daughter when we went to pick up Nyx. She bonded with us all within 24 hours. She was the best dog I’ve ever had. So sweet, loving, funny, playful and full of life and character. I can’t imagine a future without her in it. I still cry multiple times daily and am crying right now as I type this.

Rather than bury her in a mud hole in my brother’s back pasture we had her cremated. I also requested a clay paw print and my fiance asked for a paw print stamp so he can get his first tattoo. He’s been trying for over 6 years to find just the right one. I’m going to look into one of those photo album sites like “Shutterfly” to put together a photo album to give my daughter for Christmas. I’m also hoping to find someone on here to commission a PYO winged wolf painted in Nyx’s image to give to her. It’s going to be a somber holiday season this year. 🙁

GardenNinja
      Participant

I’m so sorry. 🙁

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

OH my Gosh! I’m so sorry to hear this!
          No words as I start tearing up as well…. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. It hurts so much to lose a fur baby and when one connects so deeply its something that is always there. Know that she is still watching over you  from the rainbow bridge and that she wouldn’t want you to blame yourself nor the Shepard mix that you also rescued.

No matter what we do, sometimes life just doesn’t align how we hope it would and horrible accidents unfortunately do happen.

Sending thoughts and prayers of peace and healing for you and your family.

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Landipan
            Participant

I’m so so sorry for your loss, it’s hard to lose a furbaby, especially a young one. I’ll be sending prayers your way.

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Melody
              Keymaster

Oh gosh, I am so so sorry. Whenever I read about someones loss of a dog or cat … or other felow creature… I never know what to say,  other than I feel your pain.

merrillannwhite
                Participant

I am sorry for your loss.  The furry ones are the ones that give love without reservation.  Keep her in your heart and she will always be with you.

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Oh noo…I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I hope you are no longer blaming yourself though 🙁

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

pony-up
                    Participant

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes and prayers. Got me crying all over again. I still hate going home, knowing she isn’t there to jump all over me and grab my hands when I walk in the door. Her only fault but one that was also endearing because it showed how much she loved us. I keep seeing her sweet face resting on my knee while she watched me eat dinner the night before it happened, hoping I’d give her a piece (which of course I did). I never could resist that face!

Rylorien
                      Participant

I’m so, so sorry for your loss pony-up.  My heart aches for you.  Such swift, brutal losses are the ones that leave us most scarred–there’s no preparing for it, and you’re left feeling empty and guilty.  I’ve been there, as I’m sure many others have–no matter what anyone else tells you, you still feel guilty and sometimes you just can’t let it go.  So many what ifs plaguing you…it’s absolutely the worst.  All you can do is bolster yourself with the good memories and remind yourself that she loved you whole-heartedly.

Bodine
                        Participant

Oh dear I am so sorry.My heart goes out to you.😔

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.