fbpx

RF dragons with red eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone RF dragons with red eyes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

I know about the rf hatching dragons with red instead of orange eyes. I only have one other RF dragon, the OW, so I was very surprised when I found a red eyed rf mother dragon today. Were there lots of all poses done with the red eyes? She looks quite fetching, pictures inc soon.

Lupuslunae
      Participant

Redfire windstone mother dragon

Redfire windstone mother dragon

Pam

I miss red fire.

Lupuslunae
          Participant

I miss red fire.

I like the reds alot, but I can understand discontinuing them because of the trouble with the red paint. I need to grill people over the phone before I go pick up a dragon cause it seems 50% of the time there is serious fading of the paint. I originally traveled 30miles north of my vacation place to buy a rf male today, but when I got there, he was mostly orange…I asked if he had sat in the window of the store and everyone swore he’d never seen direct sunlight..I should of snapped a pic on my phone, he was red and gold in some places, but mostly he was almost as orange as cheddar cheese.

But the female looked lovely and flawless, and then I saw the red eyes and ooooohhhhhed over her enought that I forgot I was saving up for lp kirins!

Susie
            Keymaster

revised comment!

I thought that was a “ruby” dragon, not “red fire”. The Ruby dragons have red eyes, the Red Fire dragons have orange eyes. Pam has corrected me – She says that’s a red fire dragon – The gold along the tail is not present on a Ruby, even if faded. sorry! The faded ruby one I saw in person, looked very gold and I think that a slightly faded ruby would look like a red fire.

The Ruby is also the red that can fade easily. Until Pam showed me a faded Red Fire Scratching dragon, I had not had any reports of the red fire color fading, but apparantly that one can too. Neither paint was supposed to fade when we began using them. To be on the safe side, all reds should be kept out of the sun.

And in answer to the question about what styles of red fire dragons had red eyes instead of orange – we have no records of that – it may have been an error – or maybe Melody changed the eye color when we first began making them. You could try asking Melody if she remembers an eye color change for them.

Jasmine
              Participant

I miss red fire.

Sigh, me too. I wish Melody would at least finish the line so I have one of each sculpt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.