Replace/Reposition eyes…Success!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Replace/Reposition eyes…Success!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

I gave my first try at soaking just the eye socket for only half hour with drops of warm water. Eye popped right out with a toothpick and I’m now able to reposition (or now i know I can replace eyes also if i need to) and reglue. I have some bad OCD on the black pupil being centered and I love and am keeping the item 🙂
      Pretty excited so I just had to announce it lol :). Now on to repairing chips and color matching.

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

Hi Tig3R06 !!
        Good job!!!
        That is totally awesome!!!
        I am still trying to gear up my courage to fix my Hatching Pegasus who suffered a clean neck break; I re-glued him but of course all I see now is the break crack.
        Have everything I need except courage ( like the Cowardly Lion in Wizard of Oz)…gee I am a Leo too !! LOL !!!
        Proud of you for your success !!!
        Warm Happy Hugs !!!

tig3r06
        Participant

Suzanne-Just go for it! I was terrified. It was a grab bag, but everything turned out great :). Btw, I found some crystals that are very similar, more pale periwinkle to the metallic periwinkle eyes I have. The color is called smokey mauve, but matches very well. I will email you pics when I get a chance.

Kim
          Blocked

Congrats. I had to do that once on a tadpoad with cracked eyes. Which piece did you do it on?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

tig3r06
            Participant

On one of my gb baby kirin I just bought from someone, his eye was a little off centered and it was one i really loved and he’s now fixed perfectly 😊 i know theyre no nitpicking and gorgeous, but his eyes didn’t match the others, it was driving me nuts lol and I didn’t want to sell him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.