fbpx

Repair on Old Brown Mother Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Repair on Old Brown Mother Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

What would someone charge to repair this dragon? It arrived with these pieces missing from the tail.

Heather
      Participant

For some reason the photo I posted doesn’t show up but it is in the images tab. Let me know if you still can’t see it.

if you just post a link to the images I can post them for ya. I cant see them otherwise.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kim
        Blocked

You have to have the images hosted on a site like photobucket and then copy and paste the links here to see the images. Here is a tutorial of how to do it. http://ssedan.com/tutorial.html

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Heather
          Participant
            etruscan
            Participant

Close … this is the photo:

Heather
              Participant

You are magical

etruscan
                Participant

You are magical

Ongoing practice once I learned how to do it (that took me ages to figure out even with a LOT of help).

Close … this is the photo:

Thats not too bad, it seems decently easy with a bit of apoxy sculpt. Are you looking to do it yourself or to find a repair artist to do it?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Heather
                  Participant

I am certainly not considering doing it myself. I’m not talented like that. I was trying to decide if it would be worth having it repaired or if I’d be better off selling it as-is. I got a very good deal on it.

Melissa
                    Participant

*shrugs* I’d recommend dropping someone a PM for a quote, via the stickied repair list. There’s definitely some solid repair artists around.

IMO shipping her both ways would be a notable part of the cost.

Looks like a handsome older piece for sure. Does she have felt on the bottom, or just the stamp?

Heather
                      Participant

Just the stamp. Yes, shipping both ways would be expensive. I got her for a great price after the 50% refund from the ebay seller due to her not being in the advertised condition so I might just sell her.

Melissa
                        Participant

Just the stamp means she’s an early piece. Hope she sells well for you.

Edit: If you choose to sell, that is. If you choose to repair her, she’s certainly neat.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

That’s an easy repair. I can fix her for $20 plus shipping fees if you want. Honestly… it would cost more to ship her back and forth then to pay for the repair.

I can explain how to do it too if you want to try and tackle it yourself. That’s a great beginner repair.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Heather
                            Participant

Great. I may send her to you for repair. I am really not artistic or crafty at all. I have another piece that will be a more complicated repair – perhaps I could send them both if you think you would want to tackle the other one. It is a male unicorn who was very poorly packaged for shipping and arrived with the hind legs and tail broken off. The hind legs and the end piece of the tail were in the bag where it was broken so I have those but the middle section of the tail was shattered so that would have to be re-sculpted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.