fbpx

Repaints on Ebay

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Repaints on Ebay

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

Werid that so many repaints or questionable Windstones are on ebay suddenly .

Doesn’t ebay’s rules give you 4 days to pay for things? That seller has “must pay within 24 hours or items will be relisted” on their page. Snorted when I saw that. No thanks!

If it’s buy it now, I think they can require 24 hours…possibly even immediate payment.

etruscan
      Participant

Actually, I think the red might just be really bad lighting. The “spectral” one listed by the same seller looks like a ruby male (not red fire or spectral).

or fading? the nose scaling on the top and the inner tail seems weird…

We’ll find out … The listing seems to be seller’s ignorance of red fire vs ruby and spectral vs other dragons. I thought he was intriguing enough to get, and the immediate payment is quite typical of “Buy it Now” auctions. I did ask the seller to wrap him very well!

I must say, very pretty though

WolfenMachine
        Participant

To me it looks like the statue was photographed under fluorescent lighting which adds an awful greenish cast to things in photos. To the eye the statue looks OK under the light, but once a photo is taken anything shot under fluorescent lighting can take on a strange color cast.

Yes, it is a Ruby mother with bad lighting. Red and cameras are mortal enemies!

Lupuslunae
          Participant

They both looked sun faded to me; too much orange and well on their way to becoming cheddar cheese dragons!

Tara
            Participant

I was looking at these earlier. If you read the write up on the male it’ll probably leave you scratching(or banging) your head. At first they say it’s a ruby red dragon and a male. Then later on they say it’s from the red fire spectral line or something weird like that. I think the postings are for legit ruby dragons but the seller doesn’t really know much about what they’re selling and have bad pictures.

Carolyn
              Participant

They look more brown then red . Could be bad lighting , fading or ? The pics will probably stop them for selling , plus the sellers attitude about payment .

Hannah
                Participant

If it’s buy it now, I think they can require 24 hours…possibly even immediate payment.

You’re right, they CAN require immediate payment – IF they check that box when they’re putting the auction together 😛

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
                  Participant

The Ruby hatcher [aka Red Fire Spectral Dragon] is here, about 48 hours after I bought him! 🙂 Granted, he was only traveling from south-western VA to southern MD, but that is still fast.

He is in great condition. The dark red is red, the gold is gold, and the pink is there too. I vaguely recall seeing something about dark Ruby dragons with pink and slightly lighter ones without pink? Anyway, the pink looks to be original to this piece. No chips or dings that I can see. He even has his tag, but no box.

The seller is a store in Roanoke, VA – I think a consignment store. Probably someone in the vicinity could actually go and look at the Male and Mother dragons if interested in buying them.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.