Renewing ads

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Renewing ads

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

Hi Clay-
    It’s me again. I don’t have access to renew my blue fawn Kirin ad. Help please.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
    Peacock Kinglet
    Sanguine Test Paints

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Not sure if this has been happening to anyone else, but when an ad expires I no longer get notified about it expiring nor do I have option to renew/repost it.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs*Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Ivory Moss Baby Kirin
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirin Family
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons

GardenNinja
    Participant

I just checked my ads, and they were all expired. I didn’t get any emails. To renew them, you now click on an unlabeled icon:
    Renew-ad-icon

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Kim
    Participant

That’s good to know about renewing them. Someone posted an ad for Doberman puppies in the classifieds which is weird and I just got another spam message from the same Kayla person who has been blocked on here before.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Clay
    Keymaster

I will work on this. I recently created a test ad (to test a different issue) and received an expiration notice yesterday as usual, so apparently the problem is intermittent. I’ll get it sorted out.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Hi Clay, I’m having issues with the ads.

I can never seen to renew them so I have to keep making them over (which is fine) but now it’s jamming all my descriptions of items into a giant one paragraph mash up and I can’t seem to get the words to separate using either the enter Key or the tab key so it makes everything very difficult to read.

The ad preview looks perfect, but then the ad in the actual ad area it appears as just all a bunch of words mashed together.

example

Male Dragon- Emerald NIB $145 Brown, chipped no box $80 Mother Dragon- Emerald w small repair by me no box $120 Brown, chipped no box $80 Young Dragon- Emerald Peacock no box $80 Peacock chips no box $60 Emerald chips no box $60 Fledgling Dragon- Emerald no box $80 Ruby no box $80 Black Gold, paint smudge on chest, has box $70 Hatching Royalty- Rainbow Empress NIB $120 Coiled w Crystal Ball- Black Gold no box $75 Silver no box $75 Jade chipped no box $60 White chipped no box $60 Oriental Dragons- Peacock Young no box $90 Amethyst Adult, one horn has crack in gold plating, I have removed it for easy swap out, has box $190 Griffins- Peacock Male no box $144 Black and White Mother (no eyes pots version) $144 Black Sunset Crouching Chick $54 Misc- Circle of Dragons no box, has glass votive holder but no candle. Stain on felt pad $80 PYO Unicorn painted by Joseph Frye (horn is not glued in) $75 ITEMS THAT ARE PICTURED IN GALLERIES BUT NOT LISTED ABOVE HAVE BEEN SOLD

instead of

Emperor –
    Silver NIB $330

Old Warrior-
    Emerald NIB $295

Male Dragon-
    Emerald NIB $145
    Brown, chipped no box $80

Mother Dragon-
    Emerald w small repair by me no box $120
    Brown, chipped no box $80

Young Dragon-
    Emerald Peacock no box $80
    Peacock chips no box $60
    Emerald chips no box $60

Fledgling Dragon-
    Emerald no box $80
    Ruby no box $80
    Black Gold, paint smudge on chest, has box $70

Hatching Royalty-
    Rainbow Empress NIB $120

Coiled w Crystal Ball-
    Black Gold no box $75
    Silver no box $75
    Jade chipped no box $60
    White chipped no box $60

Oriental Dragons-
    Peacock Young no box $90
    Amethyst Adult, one horn has crack in gold plating, I have removed it for easy swap out, has box $190

Griffins-
    Peacock Male no box $144
    Black and White Mother (no eyes pots version) $144
    Black Sunset Crouching Chick $54

Misc-
    Circle of Dragons no box, has glass votive holder but no candle. Stain on felt pad $80
    PYO Unicorn painted by Joseph Frye (horn is not glued in) $75

ITEMS THAT ARE PICTURED IN GALLERIES BUT NOT LISTED ABOVE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Ivory Moss Baby Kirin
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior

GardenNinja
    Participant

Clay, I recently got expiration notices for four ads, and when I went to renew them, I discovered that another 5 had previously expired without sending me a notice.
    Also, my list-style ads are having the same problem of no carriage returns that drag0n’s are.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Still having this same quirk with the ads. I’ve tried putting spacers in —–between—-listings—- but it’s still really hard to read them.

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Ivory Moss Baby Kirin
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior

GardenNinja
    Participant

I think Clay is not following this topic. I’ve PM’d him about the problem.

Clay
    Keymaster

Sorry, I was not subscribed to this thread (I am now). I see what you mean about the formatting. There was a recent update to the Classifieds plugin, and I’m guessing there’s a bug in it. I contacted the plugin’s developer about it, and they usually reply promptly, so I should be able to get this sorted out soon. When did you start noticing the formatting problem (no line breaks)?

As for the expiration notices, here’s what I see looking at the listings admin panel…

There are a bunch of ads that should be expired, but aren’t. For example, an ad with an expiration date of 5/12, but which is still listed as “active” rather than “expired” and appears in the listings on the site. So I’m guessing that when you say you had expired listings, you mean that the expiration date had past (not that the ad was labeled “expired”)? Is that the case? If so, then the issue is not that the system isn’t sending emails, but that the expiration date is not triggering a status change from “active” to “expired.”

Of course, either way it’s a problem, but I’m just trying to identify the root of it, so I can pass that along to the developers. Thanks for your help!

GardenNinja
    Participant

There are a bunch of ads that should be expired, but aren’t. For example, an ad with an expiration date of 5/12, but which is still listed as “active” rather than “expired” and appears in the listings on the site. So I’m guessing that when you say you had expired listings, you mean that the expiration date had past (not that the ad was labeled “expired”)? Is that the case? If so, then the issue is not that the system isn’t sending emails, but that the expiration date is not triggering a status change from “active” to “expired.”

Correct, the expiration date was past. I didn’t check if they were still showing in the listings, and didn’t notice whether the ad was labeled expired.

When did you start noticing the formatting problem (no line breaks)?

Perhaps a week ago? Not sure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.