(re)Introduction

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area (re)Introduction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m another forum member from Ye Olde Dayes (2007-ish to 2012-ish) slowly making a reappearance in the Windstone world. My username on the old website was Megani-chan; some of you might vaguely remember me.

I had to step away from the forum and collecting in general after college, because I was very much still a foolish youngster learning how to adult properly and the constant temptation of pretty dragons was more than I could bear with a very limited budget. It was right around that time that the grab bags began to appear and it was unreasonably hard to look at all the gorgeous pieces when there was no way I could afford one. It turned out to be a good decision and it kept me financially responsible, but I sure missed collecting and everyone I had gotten acquainted with on the forum.

Then came last month, when I happened to see those beautiful Bantam dragons on Melody’s Facebook and took a swan dive off the wagon to pledge for one. He’ll be my first Windstone that wasn’t a gift in many years, as well as my first “special” piece, and I can’t wait to get him! Now I’m established in my career, have a decent savings account, and am a much better budgeting ninja, so there will be more (responsible, well-planned) additions in the near future.

A bit about me: I work as department staff at my local university, love to write, and enjoy being outdoors. I share my home with two sassy kitty queens and a guinea pig. The guinea pig was an emergency foster for the local shelter right at the start of Indiana’s Covid-19 stay-at-home order. Any idea that it wasn’t going to turn into a formal adoption was a blatant lie to myself…

Anyway, I hope to see everyone around, both old-timers and new faces 🙂

Bodine
      Participant

Welcome back.You are remembered.Smart to get your life on track before feeding the Windstone addiction we have.😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
        Participant

Welcome back! As Bodine says, it sounds as though you chose a smart path.

StormDancer
          Participant

Welcome back. Wishin you well and much fun as your Windstone collection grows!

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

sherry10151982
            Participant

Hi there!! I’m newish to the scene, so it’s nice to meet you! You had more will power than I do! It’s very easy to get carried away when it comes to Windstones. You’re a smart cookie! Welcome home again!

dragonmedley
              Participant

Well hello! It is nice to hear from you 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

I think I showed up right around the time you disappeared, end 2011 – early 2012
                  Welcome back! I think I felt the earth shake with your swan dive off the wagon lol!!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Kim
                  Blocked

Hi and welcome back! What do you have so far for Windstones or what do you hope to get in the future? I have 4 cats and guinea pig myself! The cast were rescues, 3 from a stray pregnant Siamese cat we took in that had kittens and we kept 3 of them and we had an older cat. I used to have more guinea pigs I rescued too but I found homes for some and had two females left and one just passed away last month which was sad. I’m thinking of getting another one or a bunny to keep the one company that’s left but she seems happy actually not sharing her space now. (She was a lone pig when I got her and I give her lots of attention and let her run around and say hi to the cats sometimes.)

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Megan
                    Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! I see several names I recognize 🙂

Kim– When I stopped getting new pieces, the count was at 59 — mostly dragons and cats, but a few hoofers, wizards, poads, and miscellaneous sculpts. I’ll post some pics in the collection thread when I have a chance.

I’d like to round out my dragons with some of the new colors and sculpts that have come out in the last few years. The hearth dragon, baby dragon, and hatcher version 2 are new to me. Prismatic spring and pastel rainbow are gorgeous colors. My two little griffin chicks are so old they’re the original wolf color with green eyes; they need some silver wolf parents to adopt them! I’d love to get a standing baby kirin and sitting young oriental dragon to match the families I have. And I would love to paint some of the “new” PYOs. The hippocampus, kitty griff, kitsune, flap cat, foo dogs, and sushi cats were all released when I was off in the void 😀

Karidrgn
                      Participant

It’s been so long that I’m not certain what my username is, so making a post here to check it out. BTW my profile image I posted is of a counted cross stitch I did designed by Teresa Wentzler.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.